New Guy Help

Some of you may have seen in an earlier deer thread that I am new GA and looking to attempt hunting on Paulding this season. It is the closest WMA to where I live so trying this one for convenience.

What is everyones thoughts on a few things.....

1. Easiest way to drag a deer?
2. Where to park? Are there spots along all the roadsides or a main area?
3. Do deer taken on WMA have to be checked in specifically to some entity based on the WMA or like any other deer through the tags (calling DNR number).
4. Do some hunters clean the deer on site if they have a ways to drive back home?

Todd Cook

1. Utility carts work, or field quarter and pack.
2. On PF you can park most anywhere on the side of the road, just don't block gates.
3. Use the DNR app on your phone.
4. By clean, do you mean field dress? If so yes.

1. Utility carts work, or field quarter and pack.
2. On PF you can park most anywhere on the side of the road, just don't block gates.
3. Use the DNR app on your phone.
4. By clean, do you mean field dress? If so yes.

Oh I see as tagging the deer using the app, awesome.

My apologies for lots of questions, some things online confuse me as it seems like different regulations for different places.

Do you have to "check in" for all or most WMA hunts before?

Todd Cook

Oh I see as tagging the deer using the app, awesome.

My apologies for lots of questions, some things online confuse me as it seems like different regulations for different places.

Do you have to "check in" for all or most WMA hunts before?
Some are check in, some are sign in. It varies by hunt. Most of the non quota hunts are sign in.

BBond

See if this helps some.

Here are the deer regs for Paulding:
1600259523662.png

All deer hunts you must sign in ONCE per hunt (not every day you hunt). You can sign-in online, using the App or at the check station (normally a sign-in sheet is available on most WMAs)

Archery hunts are sign-in = you game check the deer on your tags

Specialty hunt is for kids/honorary hunters/Disability license holders/ladies/returning GA veterans so you can't go unless you meet those definitions and if so it's a check-in hunt = you do not game check deer but you take deer to check station and DNR will tag deer

Either-sex last 2 days hunt is for anyone and it is also a check-in hunt =you do not game check deer but you take deer to check station and DNR will tag deer

Buck only hunt is sign-in = you game check deer on your tags

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Deer cart,
Paid for itself the first time i used it. Has paid for itself many times over. Some of the best money i ever spent.

The search button is your friend!

One thing I have tried to search and "Google" and some reason can't seem to find in the Georgia regulations for 2020-2021....is it legal to hunt on Sundays? Private and WMA?

Etoncathunter

Here's the regs
http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/
As for Sundays it depends. Private land Sundays are good as long as the season is open. On public land it varies according to the hunts. National forest land is mostly open state season with a few changes. WMA's each hunt is different. Some are open a week or more, some hunts go Wednesday- Sunday, or others might be Thursday/ Friday/ or Saturday only. You just have to check where you specifically want to hunt.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
One thing I have tried to search and "Google" and some reason can't seem to find in the Georgia regulations for 2020-2021....is it legal to hunt on Sundays? Private and WMA?
Walmart has them free. It’s a magazine printed yearly. Many of your questions are answered in there. Find it on the desk of the sporting goods section.
You can also buy your license there.
Same as online but a hard copy helps too.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Just to be clear,

Im talking about the search button on "this site".

Not as it pertains to hunting regs. (as a new hunter you should read the whole thing)

Use the search button to research tactics and specific places. Lots of info can be found just by reading old threads.

Just to be clear,

Im talking about the search button on "this site".

Not as it pertains to hunting regs. (as a new hunter you should read the whole thing)

Use the search button to research tactics and specific places. Lots of info can be found just by reading old threads.

Ahhhh that makes sense, perfect. Thanks!