New Hog Rifle

Bullochcountyhunter

My gun like 30 grain hornady vmax. Anywhere near a key hole shot is a dead hog. And have shot some small ones behind the shoulder with great results. Was the first load I tried for mine and it really likes it. Shoots better than I ever will be capable of doing outside of a bench.

sleepr71

Whichever name brand JSP shoots best out of your gun is what I’d prefer. I used to have really good performance out of those 50gr Federal JHP’s. Not sure they even make those anymore? They were the best though, when I could find them. Either way though, you’re still shooting a 22WMR… Which requires precise shot placement. Meaning head or neck shots on a hog of any size. Little ones ,say..below 30 pounds you can probably shoot behind the shoulder and be fine. A Hog is a tough critter. Neck or head shots…

Triple C

Interesting gun choice for pigs. Son bought .22 mag 3 years ago for pigs. Not sure how many he's killed since then but well north of 50 on the farm. Deadly on head shots for bigger pigs. Got get em!!!

chrislibby88

Interesting gun choice for pigs. Son bought .22 mag 3 years ago for pigs. Not sure how many he's killed since then but well north of 50 on the farm. Deadly on head shots for bigger pigs. Got get em!!!
If you ever run a lever action stalking pigs you’ll get it. I’m generally a fan of box mag fed semi autos, I hunt pigs with an AR when centerfires are allowed, but there’s some sorta magic in those lever guns that you can’t put into words. You just have to feel it. And honestly the short throw on a rim fire lever makes for super fast follow up shots.

NickDeer

If you ever run a lever action stalking pigs you’ll get it. I’m generally a fan of box mag fed semi autos, I hunt pigs with an AR when centerfires are allowed, but there’s some sorta magic in those lever guns that you can’t put into words. You just have to feel it. And honestly the short throw on a rim fire lever makes for super fast follow up shots.
Yeah I wanted the quick follow up shots.

AceOfTheBase

Another good option is Aguila 22 Winchester Magnum Ammunition Silver Eagle 1B222400. Of all the 40 gn JSP I've tried (several) it grouped the best and had lowest SD of the bunch, in my Ruger American 22mag. All the good rounds are probably hard to find now...