New Hunters - Father/Son - Jackson Area

MrCooper

My father and I are pretty new to hunting and are looking for somewhere to hunt that wont cost us an arm and a leg. We started last year on public land near Jackson and we got shot at in our tree stand by some kids who drove around our vehicle parked at the entrance and it has put a little bit of a fear of hunting public lands during gun seasons.

This year we have been big into bow hunting and have been going to clybell/charlie elliot and saw several deer and I missed two

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
My father and I are pretty new to hunting and are looking for somewhere to hunt that wont cost us an arm and a leg. We started last year on public land near Jackson and we got shot at in our tree stand by some kids who drove around our vehicle parked at the entrance and it has put a little bit of a fear of hunting public lands during gun seasons.

This year we have been big into bow hunting and have been going to clybell/charlie elliot and saw several deer and I missed two
Find some secluded spots on the Oconee National Forest. I’ve got some friends that hunt it and rarely see other people in the woods. Don’t block access points. You can get a ticket for it. Most clubs will be full by now and you get what you pay for in a club. The “cheaper” the club the worse your experience is going to be. Try to find a club with 1 member per 100 acres.