New huntin and fishing buddy -- 9/14/2020

mattuga

Banned
Well we got blessed with a 2nd daughter yesterday. Nora Ann Long came quick, water broke at 4am and within minutes my wife's contractions were less than 2 minutes apart. It was a fast ride and I treated stop lights as stop signs then left the car cranked where we jumped out and had a wheelchair. Getting inside a hospital at 5am is a little different now thanks to Covid. Nora shot out (so literal) at 5:45am without giving Momma time for an epidural. We got home today and all is well, big sister is super excited.

I recently read a thread on GON where @GLS posted and he said the following that it will stick with me "Gil, there's fishing. Then there's fishing with kids. They aren't the same." So true and I learned I was doing it a little wrong with a 2.5 year old, I have enough pics where she was smiling in pics with my 3lb bass but the 3 inch bream SHE caught was way more enthralling to her. I bought a new micro Zebco that day and look forward to teaching fishing instead of just fishing with my kid there with me.

My first daughter goes to sleep and when asked what she is going to dream about she says "huntin and fishin", she caught bream and bass before she was 2 and shot her first crossbow last week at 2.5, I hope they both grow to love the outdoors in a way that suits them and we are able to enjoy together.

Attachments

• IMG_20200914_070357249.jpg
    IMG_20200914_070357249.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_20200915_170602685.jpg
    IMG_20200915_170602685.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Nora.jpg
    Nora.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20200915_144001783.jpg
    IMG_20200915_144001783.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 160

wvdawg

Staff member
Beautiful girls! Congrats!

Hillbilly stalker

Congratulations! Them little girls will melt a fellows heart....quick. She’s beautiful! (y)

calvin little

Well we got blessed with a 2nd daughter yesterday. Nora Ann Long came quick, water broke at 4am and within minutes my wife's contractions were less than 2 minutes apart. It was a fast ride and I treated stop lights as stop signs then left the car cranked where we jumped out and had a wheelchair. Getting inside a hospital at 5am is a little different now thanks to Covid. Nora shot out (so literal) at 5:45am without giving Momma time for an epidural. We got home today and all is well, big sister is super excited.

I recently read a thread on GON where @GLS posted and he said the following that it will stick with me "Gil, there's fishing. Then there's fishing with kids. They aren't the same." So true and I learned I was doing it a little wrong with a 2.5 year old, I have enough pics where she was smiling in pics with my 3lb bass but the 3 inch bream SHE caught was way more enthralling to her. I bought a new micro Zebco that day and look forward to teaching fishing instead of just fishing with my kid there with me.

My first daughter goes to sleep and when asked what she is going to dream about she says "huntin and fishin", she caught bream and bass before she was 2 and shot her first crossbow last week at 2.5, I hope they both grow to love the outdoors in a way that suits them and we are able to enjoy together.
congrats!!

naildrvr

Congratulations sir. Glad Ms. Nora and mama are well! My youngest turned 3 yesterday.

baddave

super awesome brutha - congratulations;)

35 Whelen

Congratulations! My little girl turned 40 this month, doesn't seem possible. Time goes by so fast.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Congrats, the adventure begins!