New Member in Cobb

Cobb86

Hello All,

Been lurking for a bit and decided to take the plunge. Seems like there's a lot of good folks on here with a ton of experience. I am entirely new to hunting, did not grow up around it at all. However, I've had a growing itch over the past couple years to get into it. The itch only got bigger this past deer season, so I figured that was a sign it was time to jump in.

I live in Cobb County and coach HS football, so fall is busy, but our season is typically over well before deer season ends. Plus, there's always hogs, which I am quite interested in as well, possibly moreso than deer.

I recently purchased a compound bow, still very much a beginner but I am pretty comfortable at 20-25 yards. Open to rifle opportunities as well. I am in good shape so walking/hills are not an issue. That said, this sport seems like such a steep learning curve if you're jumping in as an adult (I am mid 30s), so I am very much looking for mentorship and opportunities to learn directly from seasoned vets, as I am admittedly completely green in this world (I can provide plenty of football knowledge/conversation, if that's an incentive for anyone). Thanks all, appreciate your time.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
We Appreciate your time with the young adults growing up today in this world.
Welcome to the forum. Don’t be afraid to ask question.
Kmac

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Welcome to the camp fire. Best advice I can give you is keep it uncomplicated. The simpler it is the more you’ll enjoy it and less that can go wrong.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Welcome to THE Campfire!

Big7

The Oracle
Welcome to the fire.

Lot of good info here.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the addiction!!!

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Welcome to the campfire. I didn't grow up around very much hunting myself either, but I took a liking to it later in life. Joining these forums has been great for my growth as an outdoorsman, and I'm sure you'll find the same.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the fire. Pull up a stump and sit awhile. This forum is a great place to learn and share.