New Member of the Family- Honda Pioneer 700-4

back_woods

Very good choice love my pioneer they are just so versatile I find I use it way more often than I figured I would

mattuga

Banned
I love my 700-4, it really is a reliable machine. I'm all stock but would change the shocks out first mod I do. I'm eyeing a move to a crew cab when the kids get older so I hope Honda goes that route.

Dean

We get a lot of work and play our of our Honda Pioneer 1000. Only real complaint is how warm/hot the passenger cabin gets -- gets very toasty in the Summer with full windshield and doors on. On the positive side, the Pioneers are quieter than most 'gas' powered UTVs. Sure you and the kids will enjoy the new purchase.

FlipKing

Thanks guys. If I'm honest, if it were a full crew cab, I probably wouldn't have bought it. I love the short wheel base and the fact that I can fit it in the woods. Most crew cabs wont make it in the woods. I have 3 small kids, and now I can include the whole family for some trips, or have a full bed for work days as needed.

I've heard about/felt the heat on the seat. I'm planning to insulate the seat. I've heard it helps with the heat and quiets it down some as well. I also would like to add some storage as that seems to be an area its lacking. Then I have to figure out how I want to mount a gun rack too. Thinking above the seat, under the roof.

Dean

Picked up a removable gun holder from Seizmik - buckles in between 2 front seats, worked out fine of us.

Keep us posted on adding insulation to seat area, be interested in how that works out for you.

FlipKing

Picked up a removable gun holder from Seizmik - buckles in between 2 front seats, worked out fine of us.

Keep us posted on adding insulation to seat area, be interested in how that works out for you.

I looked at those, but unfortunately the 700 doesn't have a middle seat belt, so that won't work for mine. I do like the Seizmik bed extenders, but $3-400 is rough. Lol

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am looking to add a Honda Pioneer 700 to the shed. Will probably stay with the 2 seater, but man what a good ride. Good luck with yours

FlipKing

Jim, if money isn't an issue, I'd splurge for the 4. Same machine but gives you more options. You can always keep the seats folded down and not used them if you don't need them. Plus you can use the footwells under the rear seats for additional storage if you need to.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Jim, if money isn't an issue, I'd splurge for the 4. Same machine but gives you more options. You can always keep the seats folded down and not used them if you don't need them. Plus you can use the footwells under the rear seats for additional storage if you need to.

I pulled the trigger last month on the 700-2. For 99% of my riding I will never need more seats. Course just last evening we went on a ride through the country and the youngest adopted child of 13 wanted to go for 1st time :bounce:

Made a few changes to help with rattles and a few mods to help with comfort and overall I am happy. It's not a speed machine and probably needs a 4th gear and is loud when running on country roads with the top on, but much much quieter in the woods and in pastures.

Used electrical tape on door latches and shrink wrap on bed latches. No more rattles.
It came with a windshield and hardtop. Both are sufficient although I dont like the windshield much. It's about a 30/70 split and when open the bottom of the 70 is right in my line of sight. Not a big deal, but will probably change it one day or get the extenders from PBR.

Added Stark LEDS to replace the halogens. Much much better than factory. At $30 they are great! Also added a 12" LED bar across the front. It's good, but the headlamps do about the same job. Maybe go with a larger curved one later.

About the only thing left will be a winch.

Only thing I dislike is the lack of storage or even a usable pocket or 2 up front. Will add something to fix this I am sure. I bought a storage box for the bed, but will look into other options for this.

20200621_095102.jpg

FlipKing

Sounds like you are well on your way! If you are not on the Hondasxs forum I highly recommend it. Tons of great resources and helpful guys. I'm running the PBR and they do help alot, though I had to add some metal washers because the rubber grommets tried to pull through. I also added a Rops storage bag to help hold smaller stuff. The stark bulbs are next on my list. Did you get the 72W? I was looking at the 90W but I'm concerned they'll be too big. I love the machine. Only thing I've been happy with is the tailgate is not really that tough. It could use more power, but then I could have bought a 1000. It's super torquey and has done everything that I've asked so far.

A buddy of mine talked me into taking it to Hills and Hollers in Lumpkin. I stayed out of the mud, but this thing climbed every steep hill like a billy goat.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sounds like you are well on your way! If you are not on the Hondasxs forum I highly recommend it. Tons of great resources and helpful guys. I'm running the PBR and they do help alot, though I had to add some metal washers because the rubber grommets tried to pull through. I also added a Rops storage bag to help hold smaller stuff. The stark bulbs are next on my list. Did you get the 72W? I was looking at the 90W but I'm concerned they'll be too big. I love the machine. Only thing I've been happy with is the tailgate is not really that tough. It could use more power, but then I could have bought a 1000. It's super torquey and has done everything that I've asked so far.

A buddy of mine talked me into taking it to Hills and Hollers in Lumpkin. I stayed out of the mud, but this thing climbed every steep hill like a billy goat.

This is the starks I have. Had it out last night and they are bright enuf for me. Unless standing in front, its hard to tell when the 12" LED is on when they are on too.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0UTLSL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I saw a Flip on SxS and figured it was you.