Jrpc16

I have lurked for awhile and you guys are awesome. I grew up in the thumb of Michigan hunting pheasants, partridge, and deer. Fished a ton on the st clair river and the lake. Have lived now in central fla after college for the past 35 years and been married to a fifth generation Floridian for the past twenty. I vacation in the mountains frequently and at some point will retire there. I see many anti Florida posts but... I assure there are plenty of folks like me who just enjoy the outdoors and won’t step on anyone’s toes. If you head to west central fla I can give some tips on bass and panfish especially on the fly rod.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Welcome to the Campfire.

Cmp1

BANNED
Welcome,,,,definitely a bunch of fine folks here,,,,fellow Michagander here,,,,come on over to the Drivler and say hey,,,,

greg_n_clayton

Welcome to the forums sir ! Come on up to the mtns ! I am in NE Ga. I ain't stepping on your feet....but when you move here you will be called a halfback. People move from up North to Fla, then they move halfway back to here to the Southern Appalachians ! Thay are then called "halfbacks" !

Jrpc16

thanks guys... cmp my sister has been in manistee for the past 30 years via Avery island and Greg I stayed in tiger last month. Michigan’s brown trout are huge!!! Grew up hunting around Harrison and snovet in the thumb. Greg had a great conversation with Steve the bus driver (foxfire band) and the tallulah is so beautiful, Not nearly as far to fish as some wnc streams I frequent.

Today in the tropics bluegill still hitting!!!

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Welcome to the GON Forum.

What part of west central FL are you? Going to be down in Deland in a couple weeks. probably hit the St Johns while there.

greg_n_clayton

thanks guys... cmp my sister has been in manistee for the past 30 years via Avery island and Greg I stayed in tiger last month. Michigan’s brown trout are huge!!! Grew up hunting around Harrison and snovet in the thumb. Greg had a great conversation with Steve the bus driver (foxfire band) and the tallulah is so beautiful, Not nearly as far to fish as some wnc streams I frequent.

Actually Sir .....I live in Tiger !! I always say Clayton because most people have never heard of Tiger ! I am ...... 4th generation here in the community !! Look me up when you come back, we will break bread. The guy with Foxfire that drives a school bus is Mike Hamilton. There may be another one of the band members that drive too, but I don't know him if so. I listen to him perform at a funeral this past week !

Jrpc16

Welcome to the GON Forum.

What part of west central FL are you? Going to be down in Deland in a couple weeks. probably hit the St Johns while there.

Live in the strawberry belt. Plant city. Never fished the St. John’s but Since I mostly fish old phosphate pits and canals it’s similar in Deland. ,gills have been on fire past couple weeks, but bass have been slow.

Here’s my weekend best

Attachments

• 17D185D1-AEA4-4EE2-A84C-843DEB43AD89.jpeg
    17D185D1-AEA4-4EE2-A84C-843DEB43AD89.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 5548DC70-4334-4DC7-BCCB-D2990B188420.jpeg
    5548DC70-4334-4DC7-BCCB-D2990B188420.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 751AFFAD-7A3A-4F78-951C-98722C8B8A52.jpeg
    751AFFAD-7A3A-4F78-951C-98722C8B8A52.jpeg
    355.5 KB · Views: 3

Jrpc16

Actually Sir .....I live in Tiger !! I always say Clayton because most people have never heard of Tiger ! I am ...... 4th generation here in the community !! Look me up when you come back, we will break bread. The guy with Foxfire that drives a school bus is Mike Hamilton. There may be another one of the band members that drive too, but I don't know him if so. I listen to him perform at a funeral this past week !

I am petty sure it was mike. I found a YouTube video of the foxfire boys. He was great to talk with, very friendly to a Floridian and knowledgeable about the river. You should have seen his eyes when I told him I spent the morning at foxfire!

From some of the folks I talked with Clayton is going to see some big changes coming. Tiger is really nice too, we rented a house overlooking stonewall vineyards. So cool to watch deer, turkey, and the groundhogs. I like them the best since my grandpa used to give me the 22 to shoot them at round the barn grade.

I’ll be back up soon, wife wants to “see the leaves”, can’t wait for your us441 posts!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Live in the strawberry belt. Plant city. Never fished the St. John’s but Since I mostly fish old phosphate pits and canals it’s similar in Deland. ,gills have been on fire past couple weeks, but bass have been slow.

Here’s my weekend best
You need to post this in the fresh water fishing...looks to good not to.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

Here’s my weekend best

Copy that, That is one beautiful bluegill there.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Think I'm going to play around with the bluegills while there.

Cmp1

BANNED

About 50 miles NE of Manistee,,,,15 min from the river,,,,nice catches you got there,,,,