new properties?

oldfatbubba

The draft of the 2021-2023 regulations (LINK HERE) indicates two additional tracts being added to Ceylon WMA out on the coast, Black Point Tract and Grover Island. These additions are briefly mentioned on pg. 75 of the PDF document linked above. After scanning through that document, I couldn't find any other additions.

oldfatbubba

Treat Mountain VPA
Special Regulations
No ATV’s. All deer harvested during the quota hunts must be
checked-out at J.L. Lester WMA
Deer/Bear
2021-22
Archery Either Sex Sep 11-Sep 30, Oct 4-Nov 25, Nov 29-Jan 6 Sign-in
Firearms Either Sex Oct 1-Oct 3, Nov 26-Nov 28, Jan 7-Jan 9 Bonus
Deer Quota 200

feathersnantlers

Treat Mountain VPA
Special Regulations
No ATV’s. All deer harvested during the quota hunts must be
checked-out at J.L. Lester WMA
Deer/Bear
2021-22
Archery Either Sex Sep 11-Sep 30, Oct 4-Nov 25, Nov 29-Jan 6 Sign-in
Firearms Either Sex Oct 1-Oct 3, Nov 26-Nov 28, Jan 7-Jan 9 Bonus
Deer Quota 200

I submitted with Coosawatee as 1 and Treat 2 & 3. Coosawatee sold abut half it's acreage last year. It's significantly smaller now

Treat mtn is only good for hunting meth heads. That place is ravished by meth users, low life’s, and people riding four wheelers. Why DNR would wast our money on land there is beyond me. In 20 years of living and growing up in the area I think I’ve saw a total of about 5 deer on the whole place and those deer were running for their lives as they were being shot at by everyone in the area

Public Land Prowler

The draft of the 2021-2023 regulations (LINK HERE) indicates two additional tracts being added to Ceylon WMA out on the coast, Black Point Tract and Grover Island. These additions are briefly mentioned on pg. 75 of the PDF document linked above. After scanning through that document, I couldn't find any other additions.
Thanks for posting that

Glad to see they propose to reduce the archery hunt and the total rifle quota for the flint river.

Moving the date back for spring gobbler on National forests and WMA's also makes me smile. It wasn't the push back to the second week of April that I wanted statewide. But its a start. That might keep ooser's away to hunt their own states instead of coming to GA to hunt here before their season opens.

For once, they must be listening to public opinion.

tpope

First post on the forum... Live near Treat Mtn. I would not waste my effort trying to get to hunt an area that sees 4wd and atv traffic all the time.

Reactions: Mac

35 Whelen

New Public Hunting Opportunities:

Cedar Grove VPA (Laurens co.) - 294 acres
Scotland Road VPA (Laurens co.) - 199 acres
Tallapoosa River VPA (Haralson co.) - 3,053 acres
Treat Mountain VPA (Polk co.) - 5,087 acres