New Ride

Cumberlandjg

Does anyone have much experience with the 2 stroke Vmax's? I had a yamaha 90 2 stroke previously that was a great motor. I've heard clean fuel and ring free are two sure ways to keep a vmax running for hours on end.

Bream Pole

Hear they are great motors. I would certainly prefer it to four stroke.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Not trying to argue but why..is it a weight/speed issue?

Reliability, easy maintenance, weight.
That's what i'd suspect.

That's what I'd expect too.
I've had my yamaha 4 stroke now for 4 yrs and love the once a year matenence and dependability. But MAN sometimes I miss the sound and launch power of my 2 strokes!!

sea trout

Nice new boat man that's awesome!
And it looks like it's on a VERY NICE trailer!!!

95g atl

That's what I'd expect too.
I've had my yamaha 4 stroke now for 4 yrs and love the once a year matenence and dependability. But MAN sometimes I miss the sound and launch power of my 2 strokes!!

YUP!!!! I have a 19' Carolina Skiff w/the Yamaha v115 two stroke. Runs like a raped ape, 44mph and good acceleration.

The only thing I don't like is the occasional smell of the exhaust while idling, esp when I have a headache. Arrggggg!

sea trout

YUP!!!! I have a 19' Carolina Skiff w/the Yamaha v115 two stroke. Runs like a raped ape, 44mph and good acceleration.

The only thing I don't like is the occasional smell of the exhaust while idling, esp when I have a headache. Arrggggg!

I don't know if I'm being an odd ball here ....but I actually like the smell of 2 stroke exhaust. Be it from a outboard or a chainsaw. I've always liked it. Now if I had a headache or something IDK. Too much of a good thing may be aggrivatin in that sense.
And the sound.....oh Lord!!!! I love it! I had and older Evenrude 225 for a while and it sounded like a dragster!!

plumber_1969

I looked at one of those long and hard before I bought a new 2104 Frontier with a 200 Suzuki. I was worried about the engine hours. Loved the boat. I’ve got a fishing buddy that has a 2019 man is it pretty.

Cumberlandjg

I was only slightly jealous before; now its full blown envy. Great looking boat. Hopefully its a fish magnet too.

2 out of three trips so far had a limit of reds. Hopefully gonna fill it full of trout this coming weekend. I previously had a Key West 1720 which was a great boat but the wider platform fishing deck and extra space in general is very nice.