New River Gorge bridge

Geffellz18

The pics do it no justice, really. Truly a Marvel of industrial engineering.
Nice capture!
Did you make it to the Babcock mill too? You were only about 20 minutes from it!

Last edited:

believer

The pics do it no justice, really. Truly a Marvel of industrial engineering.
Nice capture!
Did you make it to the Babcock mill too? You were only about 20 minutes from it!
Glade Creek Grist Mill was the primary objective of our trip. That iconic image done with a long exposure and the fall foliage has been on my photo bucket list since I started. We went Saturday and it looked like everyone in WV had the same idea. it was a beautiful day out and I'm sure folks are just a stir crazy there. Maybe next time. WV is a beautiful state and we enjoyed our trip.

Geffellz18

Glade Creek Grist Mill was the primary objective of our trip. That iconic image done with a long exposure and the fall foliage has been on my photo bucket list since I started. We went Saturday and it looked like everyone in WV had the same idea. it was a beautiful day out and I'm sure folks are just a stir crazy there. Maybe next time. WV is a beautiful state and we enjoyed our trip.

When we were there just weeks ago, the lady at the gift shop said it would be that way. She said we caught the timing right to miss the peak when everyone will be there for that very shot you mention.......I’m pleased with the shots I was able to get however. Will be turning one into a canvas once they go on sale at work!

wvdawg

Staff member
I got to watch that bridge being built - used to camp at Summerville. Got some old snapshots of it while under construction with the netting strung up under it.

CurLee

I crossed that bridge going southbound back to SC the same day you posted this picture!

I'll be back through in a few weeks headed to our WV cabin for the rifle opener. I'll have to stop and get a better look.

wvdawg

Staff member
High as well as long! They shut one side down on "Bridge Day" and let folks jump off with parachutes!