New Scope for Howa 6.5

Nimrod71

I finally bought a 6.5 CM a while back to see if everything shooters have been saying about them was correct. When I got around to putting a scope on it I was surprised to find I had sold the one I had planned to use. The only one I had to put on the rifle was a Vortex Diamondback 4-16. Well, I really wanted to try it so I headed to the range. I was surprised at how good the rifle did shoot, but I was having some issues seeing. The real problem is my eyes are going bad. To counter this problem, I wanted a more powerful scope. I have a NightForce That I like so I planned on getting another one. When I got to the LGS I ask for a NightForce and as I was looking it over the salesman ask if I had seen the New Vortex scopes they had just gotten in. I told him I wanted a scope to target shoot with and he handed me the Strike Eagle 5-25. As I compared the two scopes I was impressed when I could see better with the Vortex.

I bought the Vortex and I put it to the test today. Today wass not a good shooting day, wind was really blowing hard. After five shots to adjust the scope I fired five more rounds with three making a single hole and the other two were fliers. With the money I saved on the scope I plan to buy a Timney Trigger.

Jim Boyd

Nice!!

We need pics!!!!

Big7

The Oracle
I got a 4X32X50 Crossfire II I bought to put on a target 10/22 but looking through it, I may put it on a centerfire. Paid $259.99+ tax new.
A Leupold with close to the same bells and whistles is around $600.00.

It's the only Vortex I own. The reviews are good and the warranty is good. I think mine was assembled in China with Japanese glass.
Hope to try it out before fall on one rifle or another.