NEW TO COYOTE.. QUESTION

im on a hunting lease in in randolph county georgia, were thinking of trying to call in some coyotes. i know theyre around, seen a few in the past, seen tracks and hear them quite often. we would be hunting from a stand over a big peanut/cotton field.. i saw a western rivers fred eichler call that seemed pretty readonably priced.. any overall opinions or tips? thanks!

chase870

Possum Sox
im on a hunting lease in in randolph county georgia, were thinking of trying to call in some coyotes. i know theyre around, seen a few in the past, seen tracks and hear them quite often. we would beCheap hunting from a stand over a big peanut/cotton field.. i saw a western rivers fred eichler call that seemed pretty readonably priced.. any overall opinions or tips? thanks!
Cheap calls are just that. If your going to take up hunting them do not be afraid to invest in quality equipment. If its a every once and awhile thing a simple mouth call will yeild you about as much sucess as a cheap e call. Either way play the wind, cammo , and movement remember soon as you start calling you are not hunting him he's hunting you

sleepr71

Whatever you do.. treat that Coyote like you would if you were trying to call in a Monster buck! Put the wind,and the sun,in your favor! Call softly & for a very short time. Watch for 2 minutes. Repeat,but a little louder. Watch,wait,and repeat. Be ready for your shot & make it count! If you miss..he probably won’t ever fall for that again..?? Main thing is wait until The wind is right for that location, wherever you plan on calling, and don’t over call. I often take a shotgun and a rifle with me, because I’ve had multiple encounters with two or three Coyotes running in wide open,and it was like shooting ducks flying over a beaver pond! A simple diaphragm Turkey call can make all sorts of wounded prey sounds,as can a dog toy with a squeaker in it. I’ve had good success with both & they are cheap! No need to spend a bunch of money, unless you really get hooked on it & decide to do it often?