New to crossbows. This may be a dumb question about nocks...

biggdogg

My wife got me a crossbow for Christmas. It's a Centerpoint Sniper Elite 370. I've been shooting it fairly regularly and I really like this thing. My question has to do with the nocks. I ordered a dozen Gold Tip bolts, and they came with 12 flat nocks and 12 half moon nocks. Is there a difference between one over the other? Any advantages?

Jim Boyd

I would say to ONLY use the ones that Centerpoint recommends.

The nock is the focal point for a lot of energy and a crossbow has some inherent dangers.

Many is the person in the emergency room that says “I wish had thought about that”.

Good luck!

280 Man

Banned
My wife got me a crossbow for Christmas. It's a Centerpoint Sniper Elite 370. I've been shooting it fairly regularly and I really like this thing. My question has to do with the nocks. I ordered a dozen Gold Tip bolts, and they came with 12 flat nocks and 12 half moon nocks. Is there a difference between one over the other? Any advantages?

There's really no advantage one over the other! Containment nocks are a different story tho! What does your crossbow manufacturer say to use! Stay with what they recommend.