New to fishing and need help!

redline29

Hello expert fishers!

My name is Josh, and I'm trying to learn enough about fishing to get my boys into the sport. We can catch little panfish on worms all day, and I have found a few spots where one-pound bass will eat a live minnow. But that's about as far as I've gotten.

Here's the situation:
-I live in Doraville GA (just north of 285 at Peachtree Industrial)
-I have some decent medium spinning rods
-I have collected a good amount of tackle
-No boat, so I'm stuck on the banks or the docks
-I've caught a few bass on live bait, but nothing on soft plastics or hard baits yet (just caught two bass on a cheap spinner in a small pond)
-Not too many public spots around my house, and the few I have found just seem heavily fished already -- very few bites.

My questions:
-Any ideas where you would take an eight year old to fish, where they would have a decent chance of catching a bass from the bank?
-How would you start to transition from live baits to artificial lures? (I've tried so many things, but not much luck yet!)

Thanks for the help!
-Josh

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Hello expert fishers!

My name is Josh, and I'm trying to learn enough about fishing to get my boys into the sport. We can catch little panfish on worms all day, and I have found a few spots where one-pound bass will eat a live minnow. But that's about as far as I've gotten.

Here's the situation:
-I live in Doraville GA (just north of 285 at Peachtree Industrial)
-I have some decent medium spinning rods
-I have collected a good amount of tackle
-No boat, so I'm stuck on the banks or the docks
-I've caught a few bass on live bait, but nothing on soft plastics or hard baits yet (just caught two bass on a cheap spinner in a small pond)
-Not too many public spots around my house, and the few I have found just seem heavily fished already -- very few bites.

My questions:
-Any ideas where you would take an eight year old to fish, where they would have a decent chance of catching a bass from the bank?
-How would you start to transition from live baits to artificial lures? (I've tried so many things, but not much luck yet!)

Thanks for the help!
-Josh
PM sent

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
The server is having a spaz attack today. Maybe it's best to delete the other threads under this title so you don't get answers on each and every one.