New to GON Forums - from Atlanta

Hey everyone, I'm Patrick and I'm new here to the forum - but native to GA. I already know this place is a great source of knowledge and common interests.

My life is centered in Atlanta, but these days I spend a ton of time up in NE GA (Hartwell and Toccoa) - usually chasing something in the water or woods. I may already know a couple of you.

I'm 51 now, and have a long history with fishing here in GA, but I am a self taught hunter having taken up hunting in my later adult life. I'm no expert at anything outdoors, but I am learning every day and taking it all in. I'm looking forward to getting into this GON forum as a regular user.

Also, I am a GT grad, but don't hold that against me. I know I am likely outnumbered here with UGA fans. Actually, I'm not a sports fan in any way, just happen to have spent a lot of time and money there in my 20s.

I've been in ATL since my GT days, but I grew up in Conyers, in case any of you are from my hometown and same level of oldness.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Welcome to the Campfire.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Welcome,
Im from Toccoa.

If you have an engineering degree from GT. Your pretty much a automatic hire at my company. Just in case your ready to leave ATL.

Welcome,
Im from Toccoa.

If you have an engineering degree from GT. Your pretty much a automatic hire at my company. Just in case your ready to leave ATL.

Ha, thanks. Not ready (have my own firm here in Atl). My mother is from there, with her extended family still there and lots of history. Some of my hunting property is the old farm homestead that she still owns, just out of the city boundary.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Welcome to Woody's. For a nominal contribution you can be absolved of the stain of Techiness. LOL

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
^^^^ Pay no attention to "those" folks..... good to have some more intelligent people around these parts.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Welcome
Pull up a log and sit a spell by the fire.

Welcome. Don't worry about being outnumbered you Georgia natives passed that point long ago. LOL
I'm south of you in Griffin and this Alabama native done figured out ain't nobody from around here.

greg_n_clayton

Howdy and welcome from up in Rabun County (Clayton) ! Holler if ya get any farther North than Toccoa !

I’m working on that first bear. Not quite in the Clayton area I guess.
Trying to be in the big hills on Sunday.
Had a close one a few weeks ago, but no luck yet.