New to Me APP

Bucaramus

Picked this up today for $475. Plow points are written out on 1 side but the guy I got it from said it digs just fine as it is. Never used 1 before. Tips and suggestions are welcome! It's an older JBar.20240428_144938.jpg20240428_144907.jpg

Bucaramus

35 horse Kioti. Guys I got it from said he pulled it with a 32 horse Kubota. I guess if it's too much I can remove shanks.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
35 horse Kioti. Guys I got it from said he pulled it with a 32 horse Kubota. I guess if it's too much I can remove shanks.

From what I’ve heard it’s a rule of thumb 5 hp per shank. So you are there. I pull a 7 shank with a 48 hp.
You have to regulate the depth setting or it will stall the tractor or spin tires.
It’s a great tool if the land is reasonable clean. Too much tall stuff or clumpy grass with pile up in front of the plows. I use it to plow in one direction then crisscross in the other.
You can use it to drag debris from an area too.

The plows can be switched to use the other end when they wear.

You can’t use very well in a place with roots.

davidhelmly

Go ahead and flip the plow points around, if you keep using the worn out side you will eventually wear off the end of the arms where the bolt holes are.

Last edited:

Latest posts