New to trapping - Duke Dp’s

I have never trapped anything except in Havahart traps. I’m interested in trapping some coons...I know a guy who uses the Duke DP coon traps. Would learning the ropes of that be a good base to get started with trapping? I have about 600 acres of land I can trap (never been trapped) and plus the demand for coons is always high around here.

By demand if you mean meat market or coon pen you might want to rephrase that as you can't do certain things. Just a ***.

buckpasser

By demand if you mean meat market or coon pen you might want to rephrase that as you can't do certain things. Just a ***.

If it weren’t illegal, I bet a guy could do pretty good in my area selling coon meat! Haha

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Georgia Trappers Convention later this year.

bnew17

If anybody sees any used ones for sale or know where you can get used ones, let me know. I can't imagine many people sell their traps? but maybe so. Thanks

2dye4

Dog proof traps are good for coons, but they’ll get use to them fairly quickly. Sardines, marsh mellows, etc. are very effective. But if catching slows you’ll have to set leg hold traps. About to start trapping again for all predators. You’ll figure it out. Once trapping becomes slow catches, you’ll have to change up your game.

Attachments

• 9C713EC9-5EBD-4088-8595-8F9A53FF496F.png
    9C713EC9-5EBD-4088-8595-8F9A53FF496F.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 2