New trapping buggy

buckpasser

I really hate to have to do it, but I just couldn’t see beating up my daily driver to do all this trapping anymore. I know it’s a burden, but for the betterment of our state’s game species, I’m willing to take on this hardship. It’ll be tough, and I’ll get a lot of laughs, but I can take it. Let me know what you think.

8A031E9E-E735-440B-94E8-E70809BE8181.jpeg

buckpasser

Looks like it may get Chilly in January & February?. Details ?

I’ve been pondering that. So far I’m thinking:

1) Coveralls with warm head gear
2) Install heater and turn it wide open
3) Do both!

I currently use option 1 on the Mule that has no windshield. The bikini top and windshield made the Roxor fairly calm comparatively, so I’m thinking I can survive it unless its pouring rain.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Cool looking rig.

buckpasser

I looked at them a couple years ago and chickened out. I really do need a SxS for trapping, so I was on Craigslist and just happened to see this one. I shouldn’t have test drove it...

It is so tight I couldn’t believe it. The little diesel should last a while and it’s already “tuned” for proper speed and fuel mileage. It is a high mileage used rig (only 300 miles!!!) with clear factory oil still in the block, plus the original owner added a bunch of stuff including a big winch. Time will tell how good Mahindra put these together, but in the meantime my kids are requesting a ride around the block about every eight minutes.

chase870

Possum Sox
I’ve been pondering that. So far I’m thinking:

1) Coveralls with warm head gear
2) Install heater and turn it wide open
3) Do both!

I currently use option 1 on the Mule that has no windshield. The bikini top and windshield made the Roxor fairly calm comparatively, so I’m thinking I can survive it unless its pouring rain.

I would opt for option 1. We could test it out and be sure it is suitable for night time use I just had a accident at the Thermal store and now have a matching pair of night time yote rifles.

buckpasser

Those are cool rigs for sure. Keep us posted on pros and cons if any.

Will do. I’ll feel better when they successfully get through this forced redesign and it’s clear they are here to stay with the Roxor.

buckpasser

Those are cool rigs for sure. Keep us posted on pros and cons if any.

So far, all I’ve had are minor issues for the con column including: speedometer failure (replaced under warranty), cracked aluminum skid plate (removed the broken ear and kept riding), and poor turning radius (adjusted the stops to my satisfaction).

In the pros list so far I’ve found these:
-Reliable engine, transmission, etc so far
-Nearly 30 mpg with lift and mud tires!
-Decent service as a trapping buggy with the rear seat flipped up or removed, and pretty good about not getting bogged down or high centered.
-Serves as a nice weather day road vehicle when I want it to be. My county is a side by side friendly one.

Jim Boyd

That is a way cool rig.

I looked and chickened out.

Still watching.

buckpasser

That is a way cool rig.

I looked and chickened out.

Still watching.

For good reason. They went dark on us after the Fiat lawsuit and are just hinting at rolling out the 2022’s. It, sadly, won’t look like a CJ (redesigned hood and grill to not infringe on Jeep trade dress). I’m hoping they sell well anyway and get stronger for parts and service.

Jim Boyd

For good reason. They went dark on us after the Fiat lawsuit and are just hinting at rolling out the 2022’s. It, sadly, won’t look like a CJ (redesigned hood and grill to not infringe on Jeep trade dress). I’m hoping they sell well anyway and get stronger for parts and service.

It is a remarkably good concept vehicle.

I am surprised someone else has not filled the void.

< 25 hp diesel can be built with no exhaust after treatment (think Kubota) and I think that segment of off road can be reshaped.

good luck with a cool little truck!