New Years Eve Duck and Sheeps

Redman54

We eased down to the coast to bring in the New Year. Got up early New Years eve and shot some ducks beside the house. We only managed 1 Greenwing but saw plenty. Spent the rest of the morning wrangling up some fiddlers then headed to the sheepshead hole. We should have wrangled more fiddlers cause we used all we had and they were still biting. We'll hit them up again in a few weeks.
IMG_0719.jpgIMG_0722.jpgIMG_0728.jpg2020-01-01-01_17_43_956.PNG2020-12-31-05_57_46_758.PNG

Redman54

Very nice. What setup do you like for the Sheepshead?

We use a carolina rig on a stiff rod with braided line. Just enough weight to hold the line vertical. Main line through an egg weight tied to a swivel, 20 lb fluor leader with a red bead and 1/o offset hook. Find the structure, hit bottom and reel up enough to get the line tight. I'm no expert, but that's how we do it. Oh yeah, and a lot of cuss words!!!!

Anvil Head

Drink a lot of extra coffee to keep you on the "edge" for the bite/hookset.

Need to just bite the bullet and go out scout and do it up one day on these ducks. Don't seem like they get the pressure here like they do in NC. I been hpping to see some action while fishing. but normally all i see is a buffle, seaduck or merk.