Newest Rod Build

Seanote

I just finished this one. it is 6'6" and med light action. Made from an OEM Mudhole graphite blank, fuji reel seat, and a long cork handle. This should be a good small cranking and jig rod for the river. I can't wait to try it out.

Attachments

• SSRod1.jpeg
    SSRod1.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 51
  • SSRod2.jpeg
    SSRod2.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 49

Seanote

Just pulled this one off the dryer. A serious fishing rod. 7'3" blank MH with cork handle and single black wrapped guides. Very light and sensitive rod. Made specifically for sheepshead.

Attachments

• Danny'srod2.jpeg
    Danny'srod2.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 21

Seanote

what is the difference of cost to you and buying same rod new. Thanks

The thing is you can't buy the same rod new because it is custom made. You may be able to find a rod built out of the same blank, but being able to choose the guides, grip material, handle type and length, type and size reel seat, thread colors, number of epoxy layers and any decorative add-ons are all choices one make when having a rod custom built. Not to mention building to suit a particular reel. However, to answer your question, If I would have had the casting rod pictured above built for me, it would have cost around $200. I built it for about $70 because I got the blank 50% off. I just finished another that would be about $300 and I built it for $100.

Tugboat1

It ain't always about the money. There is satisfaction in making a tool