Newest Tesla

NOYDB

BANNED
There’s a reason I don’t talk about bows in the hunting forum. It’s because I don’t have first person experience with shooting them.

I do. But I quit following the forum when it became obvious the were concentrating on the names of the bows and not the holes in the deer.

sinclair1

I do. But I quit following the forum when it became obvious the were concentrating on the names of the bows and not the holes in the deer.
It’s no different than the car threads. Some like new stuff, some like old stuff,some go for brands and some like anything that will fling an arra.
Most older guys still think Hemi is something special today like it was yesterday.
It’s a sub par combustion chamber in today’s standards and is just used to sell trucks and cars to older guys. They added a extra spark plug moved them to the outside and still named it the same. It’s quite brilliant actually. It still makes HP so who cares, it’s marketing.

Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
It’s no different than the car threads. Some like new stuff, some like old stuff,some go for brands and some like anything that will fling an arra.
Most older guys still think Hemi is something special today like it was yesterday.
It’s a sub par combustion chamber in today’s standards and is just used to sell trucks and cars to older guys. They added a extra spark plug moved them to the outside and still named it the same. It’s quite brilliant actually. It still makes HP so who cares, it’s marketing.

it’s marketing

You nailed it.

How fast a Tesla could go doesn't matter if you don't put the pedal down. Being the potential fastest car in the Wallyworld parking lot doesn't impress me.

Having the fastest golf cart is not a thing for me. But it is for others, and they cite that as a virtue.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't drive one if you gave it to me. Honest truth right there.

Patriot44

Banned
Tesla's are not for everyone. Everyone is not an Engineer or Physicist that respects technology.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Tesla's are not for everyone. Everyone is not an Engineer or Physicist that respects technology.
Respecting technology doesn't have anything to do with it. A fancy electric car is 100% the opposite of what I need a vehicle for. I have absolutely no use for one, and they do nothing that I want and need a vehicle for. In other words, they suck for my purposes. I will extend that to any car, except you can go drive somewhere 12 hours away in a car with an internal combustion engine if you need to. And if the fuel tank runs low, you can fill it up in a minute. Anywhere.

Patriot44

Banned
Respecting technology doesn't have anything to do with it. A fancy electric car is 100% the opposite of what I need a vehicle for. I have absolutely no use for one, and they do nothing that I want and need a vehicle for.
I suppose that I have the ability to drive an SUV, Car or truck on any given day. A Tesla would be an improvement to the fleet. But then again, I do have a use for going 0-60 in 3.2 seconds in an all electric SUV. Just me tho.

NOYDB

BANNED
3.5 sec 0-60 on what tires? And what brings them from 60-0? Repeating the fake info press release does not mean it can really happen.

sinclair1

3.5 sec 0-60 on what tires? And what brings them from 60-0? Repeating the fake info press release does not mean it can really happen.
Are you serious or just haven’t left the house in ten years.
You need to fall for some speed marketing or something because your reality is in 1970.
Let me give you some names to fall for the hype. Lingenfelter, Z06, GT350,GT500, Demon and ZR1.

Find a car with one of these badges and you will learn its
not just marketing, they will show you fast.

sinclair1

We are a magnet for Tesla drivers at red lights. I don’t race the street but they always stomp it off the lights beside us.
It’s actually hard to gauge because they are so quiet, but it’s not fake news, they are quick.

I will never own one because I like the sound more than getting there quick. My whole life is a bunch of 0-45 blast off redlights just to hear the exhaust.

sinclair1

For you guys that have been under a rock. A stock v8 Toyota Tundra TRD supercharged is 2 seconds faster to 60mph than the 80’s Lamborghini Countach

Cmp1

BANNED
We are a magnet for Tesla drivers at red lights. I don’t race the street but they always stomp it off the lights beside us.
It’s actually hard to gauge because they are so quiet, but it’s not fake news, they are quick.

I will never own one because I like the sound more than getting there quick. My whole life is a bunch of 0-45 blast off redlights just to hear the exhaust.
Same goes for Rice Burner MC'S,,,,it's the sound,esp Litre class bikes,,,,not Harleys,,,,that's just loud,,,,

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
For you guys that have been under a rock. A stock v8 Toyota Tundra TRD supercharged is 2 seconds faster to 60mph than the 80’s Lamborghini Countach

I`ve never heard of a lot of those vehicles you`ve mentioned. Never owned but one car in my life anyway. :rofl: