NEWS FLASH!!-The Doe Increase(15) Has Been Killed!?...is This True???

MoeBirds

I just surfed over another thread and saw a post from a reliable-source that IT'S ALL OVER!!!!
"WRD is no longer pursuing the doe increase"!!!!
:yeah:

IS THIS TRUE??????????????? ::; :hair: :bounce: :rofl: :cool: :fine:

Toliver

If it's not here, you can go to the GONetwork site and read the links. The deputy director of WRD has recommended the proposal be dropped after the feedback they received on the issue.

MoeBirds

I should've gone there first!
I spotted it on post#7 on Hunting Talk a minute ago under the thread: "Deer and Hunter Numbers"(it was posted 3-1-05) and was shocked know one had threaded it out there on this Forum?!

MoeBirds

Toliver, I LOOKED AND LOOKED AND LOOKED on gon network forum, :banginghe AND STILL CAN'T FIND ANYTHING :huh: ???!!!

...but i'm getting e-mails telling me it's a done deal! :huh:
I threaded this in Hunting Talk and am getting positive feed-back there to that the answer's "yes" it's been decided by the WRD against pursuing any further action in regards to "doe increases"!! :D
No more talk of "doe increases" apparently by the WRD??!!
:D I'm honestly just happy for the hunters out there who fought so hard against it!

Last edited:

MoeBirds

It's printed again in the Legislation/cwd on this-forum by the same "reliable source" so I feel confident leaving this thread up here!!!! :cheers: !!

Toliver

Here ya go. It's on the home page. 3rd story down under network news. Sorry, I may have made you think it was in the message boards. :eek:

Network News
State Backs Away From 15-Doe Bag Limit
contributed by GONetwork Staff
last updated March 1, 2005 12:07PM
State Backs Away
From 15-Doe Bag Limit

Based on widespread opposition to the proposal for an increased doe bag limit from 10 to 15 does, the state WRD is backing away from the recommendation for a higher bag limit.

The Wildlife Resources Division Game Management Section held a series of four public meetings in mid February in Covington, Jasper, Cordele, and Jesup to hear from hunters on the deer-season regulation proposals in the Deer Management Plan.

The Deer Management Plan was developed by regional committees of hunters, landowners and biologists to direct the management of Georgia's deer herd over the next 10 years.

What the WRD heard was an angry earful from hunters coming off a slow deer season who were unhappy with the recommendation for an increase in the bag limit.

"Because of the widespread opposition from hunters, I would recommend to the legislature that the proposal for the increased bag limit be dropped at this time," said Todd Holbrook, assistant director of WRD.

Senate Bill 206, currently before the Senate Natural Resources Committee, includes language to increase the bag limit.

Ross Tolleson, chairman of the Senate Natural Resources Committee, was not immediately available for comment. The committee is scheduled to meet today, Tuesday, March 1.

bull0ne

Banned
Increased doe harvest is not needed in most areas, if your worried about the buck to doe ratio harvest only MATURE BUCKS!!! easy plan-hard to sell

MoeBirds

THANKS TOLIVER :clap: !!!
BUT COULD YOU POST IT IN MY "HUNTING TALK"
THREAD AS WELL :D ?!

Im still confused up there it seems :bounce: ????!!!

Toliver

Greg Lewis said:
THANKS TOLIVER :clap: !!!
BUT COULD YOU POST IT IN MY "HUNTING TALK"
THREAD AS WELL :D ?!

Im still confused up there it seems :bounce: ????!!!

Done.