Next Project...TC Omega gets scoped. Pics Added. Want weird? You got it. Issue resolved. Sighted and Ready!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
For my next muzzleloader trick, I am finally gonna put a scope on my Omega..

In the past, I have used it with irons, and I even used it with a Trijicon Mini Reflex. Worked great, killed a deer with it, even if it was quite the strange combo...

Gonna mount a US made Pentax Lightseeker 2-8x32, and sight her in a touch high at 100 yds. Gonna use T7 loose powder, about 90 gr. and good Ol' Hornady GP385s.

We'll see how a mix of old and new school works out.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Got her mounted...

Screenshot_20200315-190925.pngScreenshot_20200315-190907.png
Nothing fancy, but will make this ol rifle a true 100 yd gun for my aging eyes.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
That scope position is 100% guaranteed to pop your eye socket good.
No way that far back will be what you hope it is. Don’t ask.::ke:
Imo.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Love my T/C Omega and have killed some good Georgia bucks with it over the years. Mine’s setup different than yours.

That scope is something special. The eye relief must be short of something?

Actually shot mine today.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
If it works, it works...but I agree that looks crazily far back.

Love shooting the Omega! Good luck with it and the new combo

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
After much consideration, and consternation, this scope is just too odd for use on this weapon.

The nature of the rearward mounting design of the Omega, and the forward turret of the Pentax, is a combo that just can not be made "right".

I'll be moving on to something else. Time to rummage thru the old scope collection for a new idea ...

gemihur

I suppose a little bit of field trials will determine the threat of scope contact at recoil.
I've got a 54 cal sidelock that doesn't have nearly of the mass that I would prefer so I opted for a Jeff Cooper style 'scout rifle' setup.
Utilized a 2-7x32 pistol scope that wasn't mounted and a clunky clamshell muzzleloader mount. Not MOA but definitely a deer getter, for sure!
54 scout sm.jpg

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I suppose a little bit of field trials will determine the threat of scope contact at recoil.
I've got a 54 cal sidelock that doesn't have nearly of the mass that I would prefer so I opted for a Jeff Cooper style 'scout rifle' setup.
View attachment 1033080
Now that's thinking outta the box ...I can dig it!

I have a scout setup on a .444 Marlin Outfitter, and it works VERY well.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well, I finally got around to sighting this thing in...

Spent the session dodging misty rain, load, shoot, and retreat to the shed and load again. But I got her a hair high at 50, dead nuts at 100, good to go.

Load is 90gr T7, and a GP385 of course...Decided to stray from BP only because I have about 2-1/2# of the T7. Gotta use it somewhere, I guess.

I went so far as to fire one more after I had it all cleaned up, just to see what it was gonna do with a cold, clean bore. It was worth a little extra cleanup to know for sure it'll be just fine...

Now I can "smoke" out to 100 or so, with my old eyes...:LOL: