No more Goody's Powders . . .

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
for me. Been having excrutiating stomach pains off and on for a coupla weeks, narrowed it down to Goodys.

Asked the wife to hide 'em from me, I sometimes take 2-4 a day, sometimes will go several days without taking one. Gonna lay off of 'em and see if that's the problem.

Big Foot

What's the need for so many???

And of course that would cause serious pain of the stomach.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Goody's powders are great for bad headaches. That being said, they will tear your stomach to pieces if you take them all the time. I only take one when I have a sure enough migraine type headache. My Dr. chewed my tail out for taking them period, be careful with those things.

Big Foot

Same symptoms, I take at least two a day for headaches.

Cokes and sweet tea caused me sudden out of nowhere where headaches back in the day, quit em and don't gave sugar spiked killer headaches any longer...

Was a double edge sword too, another coke helped the headache and yet caused em. Sugar is the devil

jigman29

My cousin had severe bleeding in her stomach and nearly died.It was caused from years of taking goodys and she ended up having half her stomach removed.They told her she may end up having more taken out before it is over.I stay away from those things at all costs.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
What's the need for so many???

And of course that would cause serious pain of the stomach.

Been working alot of 84hr weeks, sometimes would just take 'em for a "boost."

Same symptoms, I take at least two a day for headaches.

TP, I'm talking stomach pains that will make you wince in pain, I mean BAD !!! You gonna try and lay off of 'em ??

Goody's powders are great for bad headaches. That being said, they will tear your stomach to pieces if you take them all the time. I only take one when I have a sure enough migraine type headache. My Dr. chewed my tail out for taking them period, be careful with those things.

Going to lay off of 'em for 'bout a month and see if that's what's doing it. We buy them by the BIG ole box from Walmart. Whether in my truck, on the job, or in the field/water, I'm never without a Goodys.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Quack, be mindful about what they might be doing to your kidneys too. There might be no visible symptoms to your kidneys till it`s too late.

Reactions: Dub

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
That's a lot of acetaminophen. Bad for your stomach and your liver.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Quack, be mindful about what they might be doing to your kidneys too. There might be no visible symptoms to your kidneys till it`s too late.

That's a lot of acetaminophen. Bad for your stomach and your liver.

I do enough drankin, don't need anymore liver dammage, didn't know about the kidney part Nic . :huh:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I do enough drankin, don't need anymore liver dammage, didn't know about the kidney part Nic . :huh:

Not sure if Goody`s has ibuprofin (sp) in it or not, and it just might be mine, but that stuff is poison to my kidneys. I can`t take anything with ibuprofin in it.

T.P.

Banned
In figure it's pick the lesser of two evils right now. I can deal with the stomach easier than the head.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Goody powder:
Drug Facts

<table><tbody><tr> <th>Active Ingredients (per powder)</th> <th>Purpose</th> </tr> <tr> <td>Acetaminophen 260 mg</td> <td>Pain reliever / Fever reducer</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Aspirin (NSAID)*520 mg</td> <td>Pain reliever / Fever reducer</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Caffeine 32.5 mg</td> <td>Pain reliever aid</td></tr></tbody></table>

Unicoidawg

Staff member
In figure it's pick the lesser of two evils right now. I can deal with the stomach easier than the head.

They are both bad and will cause you troubles if you don't get it straightened out. Also your kidneys ain't nothing to mess with. Don't believe me, go pay your local dialysis center a visit and see all the problems those folks have. Now don't get me wrong we as a society need to thankful for dialysis or a lot of loved folks would be gone. I am in and out of those places daily and see it all the time, "Man I wish I would not have done this, sure wish I would not have taken that etc....etc..." Folks if you have a issue for goodness sake get it checked out and fix it before it gets to bad.

T-N-T

Those are great when needed, but you gotta lay off quack. That's too much!

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Wife and I were suppose to leave for Savannah/Tybee today, stomach hurt so bad had to cancel, will try and head that way tomorrow. Just hope it's Goody's causing it.

david w.

Take care of your self quack. I hope you get to feelin better.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Quack, goody's probably started it but now you may need to let the stomach lining heal.

yep I stayed at a Holiday Inn recently but that much Acetaminophen and Aspirin will really work on the stomach lining.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Quack, goody's probably started it but now you may need to let the stomach lining heal.

yep I stayed at a Holiday Inn recently but that much Acetaminophen and Aspirin will really work on the stomach lining.

Purty sho the beer/likker don't help with that either.facepalm:

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Wow, I'm reading this as my wife is deciding if we need to go to the ER. She is double over with stomach pain right now! Pain has been severe for a couple of hours now! She takes goodies almost every day!