North Carolina Bear

NMH5050

My friend and I went hound hunting for bears last week and I can't even explain how much fun it was. The person that we went with family has been hunting bears with hounds for over 100 years and even has some of the same lineage in his dogs. My bear was 292 #'s and I could not be any happier with it and especially with the experience.

Attachments

• 2018 BEAR 292#.jpg
    2018 BEAR 292#.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 218

NMH5050

I forgot to say that I sent in a tooth to the state and they will let me know the age. Once I get the information back I'll update the thread.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My friend and I went hound hunting for bears last week and I can't even explain how much fun it was. The person that we went with family has been hunting bears with hounds for over 100 years and even has some of the same lineage in his dogs. My bear was 292 #'s and I could not be any happier with it and especially with the experience.
That's a grown one! What county?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Pasquotank. There are some whopper bears down there in the Coastal Plain.

My dad and uncle used to load up the hounds and head down there once a year to hunt those swamp bears, even though there are plenty her in the mountains.

NMH5050

Pasquotank. There are some whopper bears down there in the Coastal Plain.

My dad and uncle used to load up the hounds and head down there once a year to hunt those swamp bears, even though there are plenty her in the mountains.

They are always getting on and killing 500# bears there. I'm booked again for next year. It is a lot of fun. They have a real connection to their dogs and it is fun to be a part of. We were running around all over the place after the dogs. I can't even begin to think what it was like prior to GPS on the dogs.