North East Ga Archery Shop???

Thread starter #1
For those that are in the North East side of Georgia, preferably in the Athens area, or within 40-50 miles.....This is primarily to figure out a business plan that myself and a friend of mine have. I want to see if there is a need in the area. There are a lot of bow shops, but none of them offer what I am thinking of bringing to the table.

1. What are we missing in a Bow Shop?
  2. What are things that you would like to see in a Bow Shop that we do not have as far as their setup or shooting areas? Some shops have a small area where you can only see how the bow feels in your hand, others you are
  3. Are there items that your bow shop does not carry that you would like them to have?
  4. Would a large several lane style (10-15 or more) setup be successful in this area?
  5. Most bow shops set your bow up with getting everything in time, but don't go over the additional steps to get you sighted in. If there was a training course or someone that would walk you through the entire process at the bow shop, would this be something that you would pay for? I am talking about walk back tuning, broad head tuning, getting your sight dialed in, etc.

These days I avoid sticks and bricks retail businesses as much as possible.

For the past 10-15 years I try to buy everything I can from the comfort of my computer.

I hate having to mess with traffic and the hassle of going into a store. I'd rather have it dropped on the porch.

I ain't the only one. That is something to consider.

Tadder

Sam Bows Archery is in Ila , Ga. There not a big shop but they make up for it in custom service and help you set up your bow when you purchase your equipment from them and when you don't. At peak time you will have too wait but quality work and knowledge of all the equipment is worth the wait. He strives too make every customer happy and have an excellent exsperance. With 2020 and all of it problems this season has been tough . Shortages on all types of equipment dew too shutdowns. Yes theres greats shops in the area and that small shop is growing fast. He has plans for the shops growth . So theres already High quilty shops in the are. He may not stock every thing but most any archery idem is available threw the shop. From hunting too competition archery. Sam is the 2020 ASA MENS OPEN PRO ROOKIE of the Year.

Thread starter #4
Sam Bows Archery is in Ila , Ga. There not a big shop but they make up for it in custom service and help you set up your bow when you purchase your equipment from them and when you don't. At peak time you will have too wait but quality work and knowledge of all the equipment is worth the wait. He strives too make every customer happy and have an excellent exsperance. With 2020 and all of it problems this season has been tough . Shortages on all types of equipment dew too shutdowns. Yes theres greats shops in the area and that small shop is growing fast. He has plans for the shops growth . So theres already High quilty shops in the are. He may not stock every thing but most any archery idem is available threw the shop. From hunting too competition archery. Sam is the 2020 ASA MENS OPEN PRO ROOKIE of the Year.
Not exactly what I was asking. May want to read my post again. I have seen your name before, and either you are Sam or you are very close to him. I am sure he is a great kid, but the shop is SMALL with little to no inventory. That was before COVID. He seemed nice, but I am looking for more from a shop. I am looking to see what others want. I plan on making a splash within the area to promote archery in a way that we haven't seen around here. Let me know what you want. I will make it happen

Thread starter #5
These days I avoid sticks and bricks retail businesses as much as possible.

For the past 10-15 years I try to buy everything I can from the comfort of my computer.

I hate having to mess with traffic and the hassle of going into a store. I'd rather have it dropped on the porch.

I ain't the only one. That is something to consider.
My main idea is to setup an indoor archery shoot/league 3d and target. Also want to concentrate on the youth getting into archey. Work with local schools to get the kids out doing something new

Tadder

Not exactly what I was asking. May want to read my post again. I have seen your name before, and either you are Sam or you are very close to him. I am sure he is a great kid, but the shop is SMALL with little to no inventory. That was before COVID. He seemed nice, but I am looking for more from a shop. I am looking to see what others want. I plan on making a splash within the area to promote archery in a way that we haven't seen around here. Let me know what you want. I will make it happen
Athens Area is what i read, Ila is will with in what you posted. Yes , he started small and thats where your best shops start. Yes at times inventory gets low but its restocked asap and he gets folks what the need until COVID as is for everyone in the archery world has exsperanced with COVID and COVID hit right after ATA Witch killed everyones orders. End of commit.

Last edited: