North GA Traditional Archery Club - February 3-D Shoot

dutchman

Sunday February 3, 2019 is the date for our next shoot at the North Georgia Traditional Archery Club.

We will have a brief time of devotion at 9:00 a.m. and then get started with our shooting. We’ll have 20 3-D targets set in the woods in various presentations that will tickle you. Well, maybe not, but they’ll be fun to shoot at. We’ll try to set them so you won’t worry about losing arrows. We will pull targets at 3:00 p.m.

Lunch will be served from 11:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m.

Our hosts for this shoot are Kevin and Callie Kakascik.

Shoot fees
Members - $5 each
Non-members - $10 each
Families – members with a family of three or more - $15
Non-members with families of three or more - $25
First time shooters at our club shoot for free.
Lunch - $5 each (donation to cover costs)

Memberships to our club are $25 and it’s a once in a life-time fee.

You can find us at 2295 Lee Land Road, Gainesville, GA 30507. Look for our sign. Hope to see you on February 3.

Last edited:

splatek

UAEC
Totally new to archery, but my 8 year old is loving it. We shoot the target and a 3d deer in the yard.
Is this something that would be good for a couple beginners? What's the yardage, because like I said, he's eight, not shooting much past 12-15 yards.
Thanks

Dennis

It would be perfect for him and you can shoot at what ever yardages you want to. There's is no competition just having fun shooting bows and cooking out. Come on out your first time is free.

splatek

UAEC
It would be perfect for him and you can shoot at what ever yardages you want to. There's is no competition just having fun shooting bows and cooking out. Come on out your first time is free.

Aw dang! Excellent!
Thanks for responding. I couldn't find a webpage or anything to contact y'all.
Assuming all's well with his school behavior and what not this week you can expect to see us two total newb eager shooters.

splatek

UAEC
That would be awesome and bring some friends too we have bows to use if they don't have one

Do you have bows of various draw weights?
My boy has a 25, but I'm wanting to try something a little stronger, possibly hunting strength.
Thanks again

dutchman

We have some that draw 30-35 at 28" I believe. And plenty that are lighter.

splatek

UAEC
My son and I had a blast - he was the little eight year old blond kid running around with the red sweatshirt on!#1 was his (and my) favorite! Everyone was super friendly and we both learned a lot. We will be back. He's already asked if there is another one this weekend! HAHA
Thanks!