Not a carpenter but Stairs Done

Buck70

Yep they do get slippery. Get a bag of playground sand and toss some on each step while the paint is wet.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Looks good. Man I wish I was handy and could do stuff like this. Glad I keep Bubba around :bounce:

LS4oLdLIdeNsWcVCjU-JMDVoQbWNiWrLB0neiyOtlZHARYqmGoGfCw-9Av7fIUfZpAt-OzZqB6zUV2eryqc0yrvGETydPD8gjU2EUjIvQXBwLg5aVjbH_yzoFfxgZLKUYSYItLdgoS-JC8BEWSuVhwBhLZNZNSGiBzXAYwbTuil_xC8KpQDUBYQHkBgsv7q94K4dW6qW8-26j0ujbFKq31nKr64kLcxtD22Y6feNcC8HOtTTRh2pDcP91chHrzl9ITikNzTXpDu9sYJvYAXWYgziW1bBLeJaJYw_Zy3Ia-anQueZVTkDQ8VrWhnDNM5HnfEWSjgI1ffm_c7c5EKKTdLnatlTFy8-2zbLYKx-oCRWgiqmyCkmqMv1wpGdKx7rqwrQ-BJW9NZN0mLOGJ5JH8lBtnOGb8ysU5vglRUOAeG9Pe6CoPQEAeZIx1zxF7gJTNKuigxdWsXcq5NLdtp4_WjSpyiCdphWWybogpFTDMj7ifJ0HwOsFammKuZyjBC5V3lyhjA5J-KMGjeYivDa2CBIi3O2XXjXLRwbAEFRB-4vcTXWvDJzMlNenJaGopF5cv9oce0s1oOax-2jJUxfnfaf4tKxFGORbyBQT9CPv-t7TsPJ3PnBMbVb0ys7ATlDtLDqznZ04PhExl5fYFExRmMX-bJZGeQhJSpdhrAFH3VyR43bVw98T4THtGJsqA=w1920-h934-no

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Yep they do get slippery. Get a bag of playground sand and toss some on each step while the paint is wet.
This fine sand works great on top and in fiberglass resin for a near permanent solution. Then spray paint if you wanted.

sleepr71

Both good ideas,to avoid sliding off! OOBeau...what did you do to give each rung the strength to hold your body weight? Some kind of metal rod under each rung..or what??

sleepr71

I went back & studied the photo better. Good idea? Besides adding something to give GRIP..I’d pour a little old motor oil,or something on the legs where they touch the ground(to deter termites)?. “Treated” wood these days is a far cry from the old stuff & most isn’t even treated “For ground Contact”...? We make up for it by using some other deterrent/preservative.