Not a good start!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Well like they say, "Into every life a little rain must fall." Besides, I always wondered if the fish cared whether it was raining or not.

Steve Hudson

Those small streams come up quickly. But they go down quickly too, sometimes even during lulls in the rain. Once they start to fall, tie on some San Juan Worms in dark colors (dark red, brown, purple, etc.) with plenty of weight about 6-8 inches above the fly. You'll need more weight than you think, so break out the AB shot.

It can be surprising how well they work!

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Those small streams come up quickly. But they go down quickly too, sometimes even during lulls in the rain. Once they start to fall, tie on some San Juan Worms in dark colors (dark red, brown, purple, etc.) with plenty of weight about 6-8 inches above the fly. You'll need more weight than you think, so break out the AB shot.

It can be surprising how well they work!
Gonna get after em tomorrow!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Gonna get after em tomorrow!
I think you're in my county or the next one over. It started raining and storming last Sunday here and didn't stop until yesterday. Hope you found a couple oft hose little high lonesome creeks that weren't blown out and caught a few.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
I notice that you fish St. Marks area from time to time. Do you fly fish down there? I have had really good luck in Wakulla Co. with my fly fishing, especially with the redfish, they are suckers for flies down there.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
We fish outta St Marks lighthouse ramp often, but no...I don't have a saltwater fly outfit.
You really should try it. Get you a cheap Redington saltwater outfit to try. Redfish on a fly rod are so much fun. You get to fight them off your reel and hear the drag sing. It does take a little bit more casting ability due to the wind and the distances....and strip set as opposed to trout set, but once you get it down you will never pick up a spinning outfit again for them. Like I said above, in my experience the Wakulla Co. redfish are suckers for flies and eat them many times when nothing else will work.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
You really should try it. Get you a cheap Redington saltwater outfit to try. Redfish on a fly rod are so much fun. You get to fight them off your reel and hear the drag sing. It does take a little bit more casting ability due to the wind and the distances....and strip set as opposed to trout set, but once you get it down you will never pick up a spinning outfit again for them. Like I said above, in my experience the Wakulla Co. redfish are suckers for flies and eat them many times when nothing else will work.

I am prepping
20211201_120358.jpg