Not paying for a brand name

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
But all those units have built in amps which are all small and if they aren't over driven can put out something reasonable where the speaker will make a difference. Once you start cranking up volume though, not all amps are created equal.

GoldDot40

There are differences you can hear, but not because of the brand name. A 1,000 Mhz signal that is reproduced at 1,000 Mhz is the goal. Different equipment does the reproduction closer because of how they are built, not because of the label on the face plate.

I have the bad habit of taking things apart, down to resistor and transistor level. When you can take the faceplate off one unit by one name and install it on another, using the same screws in the mounting screw holes. Which face plate is on the outside doesn't matter. You or any other human can not hear the difference between them.

But two people can hear the difference between two different sets of speakers.

Compare apples to apples. A unit sending out thru a three band Eq does not compare to a unit sending out thru a 12 band Eq. Doesn't matter the name on the outside.
No sir. You might have figured out from my 1st post that I am partial to Pioneer...and sound quality is the reason. I've owned nearly every brand out there.

I can take a Pioneer Premier line and hook it up to four (insert brand) 6 1/2" speakers and fine tune it to sound the best I can. Take that out and put in an equivalent model Alpine, Kenwood, JVC, etc with the same EQ adjustments to those same speakers and that Pioneer Premier will have a cleaner signal/sound. You could blind fold me and swap units and I could tell you the difference.

I just told you that I've swapped head units in people's car with no other changes and made it sound better. I heard it and the guy who owned the car heard it. I have no reason to lie about it. It is what it is.

NOYDB

BANNED
Read the OP. Have a friend wire up systems and hook up the speakers in another room. Put them with a switch box so that each system has a different position on the dial. Have your friend change the switch at random. You will not be able to tell which is which.

LTZ25

I can put my apple ear pods on and play my music I have downloaded and it sounds as good as most high dollar stero ‘s .

GoldDot40

Read the OP. Have a friend wire up systems and hook up the speakers in another room. Put them with a switch box so that each system has a different position on the dial. Have your friend change the switch at random. You will not be able to tell which is which.
I used to spend hours doing that in the sound rooms in Best Buy, Custom Sound, and HiFi Buys all the time. I CAN tell you they're different...case closed.

Reactions: Dub

NOYDB

BANNED
Apples to apples. Yes I know a pear is different. Telling me you can tell the difference between an orange and a pear is no news. I'm saying that people can't tell the difference between identical apples.

Any analogy is false by definition. Any analogy is an attempt to communicate an idea more simply than typing out the facts. A one line post is less time consuming then a three paragraph explanation.

NOYDB

BANNED
So, do you contend that a Bose or JBL or Peavey Black Widow speaker is the same as a 通用的一块狗屎 brand speaker that you bought at the flea market? I can already tell you the answer after playing music for a living half my life. I guess that experience doesn't matter, though.

Just the opposite, I contend that speakers are what you hear. But that the sending unit (the receiver) is not important. And after all your experience you will hear any difference in speakers but will be unable to hear a difference in receivers.

NOYDB

BANNED
I used to spend hours doing that in the sound rooms in Best Buy, Custom Sound, and HiFi Buys all the time. I CAN tell you they're different...case closed.

They are not, and based on what you posted I wouldn't let you install a walkman.

sinclair1

They are not, and based on what you posted I wouldn't let you install a walkman.
You will believe what you believe and that's fine, but you also seem to apply your experiences from 1972 to today. Many products have advanced and any 1972 receiver will get blown away by today's receivers. They have completely eliminated some of the internals on modern circuits.

Reactions: Dub

NOYDB

BANNED
At volume you can tell the difference,,,,

But at higher volumes you are not comparing apples to apples. You can overdrive any electrical system. Resistors, transistors, capacitors are made by the millions. The circuits in a box don't get better because a brand name label is stuck on the outside.

Wycliff

But at higher volumes you are not comparing apples to apples. You can overdrive any electrical system. Resistors, transistors, capacitors are made by the millions. The circuits in a box don't get better because a brand name label is stuck on the outside.

But using better products to make that circuit does, but like with most things that you are set on this will pass right by you. If the use silver or even copper in the circuits vs aluminum everything will change. How do you really believe they are able to sell it at a cheaper price and use the same components? Name only?

NOYDB

BANNED
You will believe what you believe and that's fine, but you also seem to apply your experiences from 1972 to today. Many products have advanced and any 1972 receiver will get blown away by today's receivers. They have completely eliminated some of the internals on modern circuits.

But still perform the same function. Whether it is a vacuum tube from 1940 or an integrated circuit board from 2019. What is sent to the speakers is the same. And no human being can hear the difference.

Note: I am giving you credit for being a human. Dogs, dolphins and bats don't apply.

sinclair1

If you think a 1940 receiver and the same speakers will sound the same as my burmester and same speakers youre crazy. It's factory and carries the same power as my old school system did with a amp and equalizer.

NOYDB

BANNED
But using better products to make that circuit does, but like with most things that you are set on this will pass right by you. If the use silver or even copper in the circuits vs aluminum everything will change. How do you really believe they are able to sell it at a cheaper price and use the same components? Name only?

Silver, copper or aluminum all sound the same. You can hear a difference between speakers. Not in sending units.

Wycliff

Silver, copper or aluminum all sound the same. You can hear a difference between speakers. Not in sending units.

So you are saying they all have the same resistance and conduct electricity the same, that would be the only way what you just stated would be a fact

NOYDB

BANNED
If you think a 1940 receiver and the same speakers will sound the same as my burmester and same speakers youre crazy. It's factory and carries the same power as my old school system did with a amp and equalizer.

Pay more for it and have the salesperson tell you how impressed others will be, and you are there. Still don't know anything more but others are impressed so it doesn't matter to you.