Not paying for a brand name

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Hopefully not homemade. Waste of time they are all the same just like homegrown veggies and fresh caught fish.

KInda like homegrown vs store bought maters?

NOYDB

BANNED
To much to expect the OP to be read.

I'll state it again. The brand name on the sending unit doesn't matter. It is impossible for a human to hear a difference. If you are putting a stereo in a vehicle or your home spend your money on what you can hear. The speakers.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
What kind of vehicle do you drive NOYDB ? Just wondering

NOYDB

BANNED
Last was a 2005 Jeep laredo limited with a 5.7 hemi. When the '91 ford explorer needed to be replaced after 14 years, it was time. The Jeep was on sale for 11k off the sticker. The hemi sucks gas and is too big. But works.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well I had a rear speaker and a reverberator in my 58 sports Fury. Rear speakers were rare in the 60's and so was a Golden Commando Fury with two four barrels. Wish I had thrown the speaker and reverb away and kept the Golden Commando that I bought in 1965 for $900 and a 53 Chevy.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Foresight was never my strong suit. I was a kinda, live in the present guy.

NOYDB

BANNED
When I started installing car audio. The only factory radios were am/fm. When you wanted to upgrade you would hang a unit beneath the dash and run speaker wires. You had to run all wiring and cut out places for speakers.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Last was a 2005 Jeep laredo limited with a 5.7 hemi. When the '91 ford explorer needed to be replaced after 14 years, it was time. The Jeep was on sale for 11k off the sticker. The hemi sucks gas and is too big. But works.
So I’m assuming you think Chrysler products are as good as other vehicles on the market ? If so, you’ve lost all credibility

Dub

Different analogy.

Two Hammers
1. iron. drives nails.
2. same hammer but with a Lowe's label. still made of iron, still drives nails.

The label doesn't matter.

Obviously you don’t swing a hammer for a living.

To much to expect the OP to be read.

I'll state it again. The brand name on the sending unit doesn't matter. It is impossible for a human to hear a difference. If you are putting a stereo in a vehicle or your home spend your money on what you can hear. The speakers.

Absolutely wrong.

The OP was read. It wasn’t agreed with.

If you were trying yet again to dazzle us with your brilliance....you missed the mark, sport.

Maybe next time....another subject perhaps.

You come across like you are an expert on everything. Maybe you’ll hit on a topic you are and others may find if of interest.

Maybe.

NOYDB

BANNED
I am not wrong. I adhere to reality and am very reality focused. Nothing I have have posted is contrary to physical reality. It's not that I am never wrong. It's that I do know the difference. between fake news and reality. I reread the OP and I did not mispost. It is 100% correct.

NOYDB

BANNED
Let's try from a different angle.

Cars are made by the 100 thousands for each model. The mfc of stereos have no idea what you will have. But they do want to sell their stereo. They deliberately make them the same as each others on purpose. They have to. But like all they want you to buy theirs and not one sold by brand X. They market their stereos and if their marketers are successful they motivate you to buy theirs. Part of that marketing push is to convince you that buy one of theirs means you have bought a
better stereo. The truth is they are all identical, they have to be. You can not hear a difference, if you could it would mean they have failed.

Speakers are made different inside. Even tho they fit in the same hole they are different and do sound different. You can hear a difference. Picking out and installing what sounds best to you is a function of choosing speakers. There are entire books on speaker design. But you don't have to read any to find what sounds good to you.

I fell for the marketing and spent too much good money before I learned better.