Not paying for a brand name

NOYDB

BANNED
So I’m assuming you think Chrysler products are as good as other vehicles on the market ? If so, you’ve lost all credibility

Some are, some are not. You worship by brand name and think that the name of the mfc reflects the value of one of the vehicles made out of the 100 plus thousand made that year.

YOU lost all credibility.

Dub

I am not wrong. I adhere to reality and am very reality focused. Nothing I have have posted is contrary to physical reality. It's not that I am never wrong. It's that I do know the difference. between fake news and reality. I reread the OP and I did not mispost. It is 100% correct.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Carry on, sir. Carry on.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Now I see why the professional carpenters I know all use those hammers from the Dollar Tree and Chinese flea market circular saws, and back when I was playing music for a living, we used cheap speakers and PA components from Walmart, and we all played Sears and Roebuck beginner's guitars plugged into little JC Penney practice amps. :rofl:

Sometimes, I am amazed. This is one of those times.

sinclair1

It's time to hit my Saturday morning places. I put on my Chinese plastic sneakers, my ruff rider jeans and my old spice for a trip to lowes to buy a new impact. I think I will go to harbor freight instead and be smart about this purchase.
I did fill up on 89 octane from juans gas station even thought it says 92 only on the sports cars fill spout. They are all the same and compression is just fake news.
I grabbed a diet check cola out of the fridge and they do taste as good as a Coke facepalm:

I was going to hit the grocery for some quality 80% beef I like when grilling homemade burger and stop at the corner farmers place for a tomato, but now that I am so smart, I will just go by the checker drive thru and save a few bucks.

Reactions: Dub

sinclair1

My neighbor is riding with, I will do my best to persuade him that when he wants to stop by the liquor store for his favorite expensive whiskey to go with the Mr. Boston.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Go with the tube burger at Sav-Mor, and that Kentucky Gentleman bourbon is just as good as Booker's, at a fraction of the cost.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I had a '63 Mercury Comet that the stereo and speakers cost me more than the car did. :rofl:

One of these, same color:

1964_Mercury_Comet_Caliente_Coupe_%289321170381%29.jpg

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
It had a couple of pin holes in the radiator, so I carried around a couple of cans of McCormick black pepper in the glove compartment to pour into the radiator every once in a while.

McCormick black Pepper worked better than other brands for stopping radiator leaks.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is about ten different kinds of cool.

Dub

My neighbor is riding with, I will do my best to persuade him that when he wants to stop by the liquor store for his favorite expensive whiskey to go with the Mr. Boston.

Don’t forget to turn him on to convenience store sushi. It’s just as good as the nice restaurant stuff.

Better have plenty of that cheap booze on hand though....to kill the bacteria that may accompany the sushi.

Dub

Bumped into NCH at Walmart practicing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope;r picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stevie Ray is grinning down on those two.

Very cool.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Stevie Ray is grinning down on those two.

Very cool.
Yeah, I'd like to hear that dude on an old classic Fender Strat run through a Marshall half-stack singing thru a Shure mic tri-amped through some JBLs. Oops, I forgot, there isn't any difference.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
So I’m assuming you think Chrysler products are as good as other vehicles on the market ? If so, you’ve lost all credibility

Absolutely not, I assume them to be better.:stir:

GoldDot40

They are not, and based on what you posted I wouldn't let you install a walkman.
Based on what you posted, I wouldn't change a headlight in your vehicle for $1 million...even if I was homeless without a penny to my name. My stereo installs are often BETTER than any car audio shop around.

Some products...generic is equal to brand name. Some products simply are not. Car audio/electronics are not.

NOYDB

BANNED
But if you put a Alpine receiver in a Lamborghini it just can't help but sound better than an Alpine receiver installed in a Kia.

But question: If you install an Alpine receiver in a Tesla will it damage your ears?

NOYDB

BANNED
If you look at a car stereo from behind there is a way to remove the face plate. Usually four very small screws. Very often the different units use the same screw pattern to attach face plates. The plate can be interchanged. Swapping the face plates does not change the sound. In a car swapping the sending unit does not change the sound. Changing the speakers does.

sinclair1

If you look at a car stereo from behind there is a way to remove the face plate. Usually four very small screws. Very often the different units use the same screw pattern to attach face plates. The plate can be interchanged. Swapping the face plates does not change the sound. In a car swapping the sending unit does not change the sound. Changing the speakers does.
You are out of gas! My burmester faceplate won't interchange with any brand and your sparkomatic won't accept my music file that I interchange on my Bose surround and burmester that will blow the windows out of your ole beater. Even back in my systems days, I knew certain head units had more bass, some were pushing more amps, some were over rated.
Go outside tomorrow, you might be surprised your living in the past and the stuff you think still applies, does not.

You do relize factory high end systems pop up out of the dash with a iPad like screen and don't have face plates.