Not paying for a brand name

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
While I do turn the radio on sometimes, music just ain`t that important to me in the long run. To be honest, I`d rather listen to the quiet and sounds of Nature.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
My Rockford-Fosgate system in my truck thumps pretty good.

NOYDB

BANNED
You are out of gas! My burmester faceplate won't interchange with any brand and your sparkomatic won't accept my music file that I interchange on my Bose surround and burmester that will blow the windows out of your ole beater. Even back in my systems days, I knew certain head units had more bass, some were pushing more amps, some were over rated.
Go outside tomorrow, you might be surprised your living in the past and the stuff you think still applies, does not.

You do relize factory high end systems pop up out of the dash with a iPad like screen and don't have face plates.

And your ears are not interchangeable. The sound that comes out of your speakers does not change based how much you paid for the stereo. Tho based on your posts it will be over priced and have a brand name to impress the plebes that are impressed by such things.

sinclair1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Dub

sinclair1

.[/QUOTE]
And your ears are not interchangeable. The sound that comes out of your speakers does not change based how much you paid for the stereo. Tho based on your posts it will be over priced and have a brand name to impress the plebes that are impressed by such things.
actually it does. I paid a good amount for the Bose home surround system and $299 for the bedroom surround. My ears seem to hear a huge difference in the two. I don't always need quality, the one place I won't skimp is shoes, but you probably think there's no difference in shoes and boots too.

Last edited:

sinclair1

Can you tell a unit from K-mart from your Burmester when you are blindfolded?
I really can't believe you think there is not any difference. you actually think people still have faceplates at system showdowns. Most don't even have CD players anymore since you haven't crawled out of the house for a few years.

sinclair1

You also relize a high end factory unit today puts out 2200 watts bone stock, and your sparkomatic puts out 100 watts.

sinclair1

Times change, get out there. A trackhawk jeep is 4 times faster than a 1969 super bee zero to sixty. Technology is making outrageous gains and you think everything is the same. It's sad really.

sinclair1

I am going to get BFG ko2's tomorrow. Got 92k on my KO's, but I am second guessing, maybe I should get some Nexen tires from biglots

NOYDB

BANNED
Times change, get out there. A trackhawk jeep is 4 times faster than a 1969 super bee zero to sixty. Technology is making outrageous gains and you think everything is the same. It's sad really.

No just have already seen your future an am not impressed.

I do drill down and deal with reality and not the froth. 0-60 is 0-60 not matter how much was paid for the vehicle. And paying more doesn't make 0-60 any faster tho it would fool you.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I do drill down and deal with reality and not the froth. 0-60 is 0-60 not matter how much was paid for the vehicle. And paying more doesn't make 0-60 any faster tho it would fool you.
You ignore reality for the most part.

GoldDot40

But if you put a Alpine receiver in a Lamborghini it just can't help but sound better than an Alpine receiver installed in a Kia.

But question: If you install an Alpine receiver in a Tesla will it damage your ears?
Bad analogy. We just bought a Kia. It came from the factory with an Infinity premium 10 speaker sound system...with a subwoofer. Guess what I'm going to replace it with. Hint: I'm not.
Since you brought up big box stores. Did you know that a lot of the big name brand stereo manufacturers make subpar units that are specifically made to be sold at Walmart, K Mart, etc. If you pay attention to model numbers sold at these stores, you'll notice the model numbers often are 1 digit different...or they'll add or subtract a digit.

Same with their tires and fishing reels. For example, I took a apart an Abu Garcia reel from Walmart to clean. It had all plastic gears in it. The one have from BPS looks identical...with the same model number except with a B added to the end from the WM unit...except the one from BPS had all metal gears.

I called Abu Garcia to ask them why the model number that ended with a B wasn't listed in their catalog and was told the one with a B was made exclusively to be sold at Walmart.

Last edited:

NOYDB

BANNED
Go back to the OP. Compare apples to apples. The sending units do not affect the sound ( unless you drop one on a drum(then the drum does)). They do not make sound. Speakers make sound. Sound is made when a pressure wave is detected by you ear. Your burmester doesn't make pressure waves it never will. A burmester can sit your car with no speakers connected, will never make a sound. Speakers are designed to make waves to transmit sounds.

gemcgrew

Put a nice Pioneer in my truck and it still sounds like junk. It will continue to sound like junk until I change the speakers.

Dub

Practically anyone could.

One of the dumbest things I've seen you post.....and that took some doing.

You, sir, seem limited by your own experiences and your opinions are anchored to those experiences.

There is a wide range of things that you clearly are fairly clueless about, however you choose to insert your "expert" opinion all over the place.

Suck it up, buttercup....you ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Tired of seeing your proclamations of "I'm right....everyone is wrong" when it's posted in the face of folks that have real deal no kiddin actual experience on the subject matter at hand.

Sometimes it's simply time to shut up and listen....you may just learn something.

Still waters run deep.....swift waters run shallow.

NOYDB

BANNED
Bad analogy. We just bought a Kia. It came from the factory with an Infinity premium 10 speaker sound system...with a subwoofer. Guess what I'm going to replace it with. Hint: I'm not.

If you like the sound it produces then no reason to change it. Enjoy.

But you might want to keep the sound system and trade the Kia in for a Corvette if you want to impress those impressed by overpriced Chevys. Who look down on even the fastest Kia ever made.

sinclair1

If you like the sound it produces then no reason to change it. Enjoy.

But you might want to keep the sound system and trade the Kia in for a Corvette if you want to impress those impressed by overpriced Chevys. Who look down on even the fastest Kia ever made.
Don't own a corvette anymore, but it had a Bose and it sounded horrible. Just not enough cubic space to make a decent sound. It had great speakers and plenty of wattage, but for everyone except you, they just couldn't set it up to produce a good sound....there is a difference in cabin size to folks with half their wits.

It went the same 0-60 as a Kia Sportage, so we sold it.

Last edited: