Not what you want on your chestnut tree.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
He sprayed the trees, the ones with leaves are wilting pretty bad. I do not know what he sprayed. I have 5 planted just off his orchard in a food plot, they have yet to be infected. I’ll spray them tomorrow.

bhouston

Found this on some of my pear trees - 10 out of 35 in the same orchard. It looks like the same fungus - but none of the trees have the "toothpicks" sticking out that is usually seen with the ambrosia beetle. Could this be another type of fungus..?? The trees that have this on them look relatively healthy and have tons of fruit growing on them. If another fungus - how do I treat it..?? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4744[40001]-2.jpg
    IMG_4744[40001]-2.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 16

doomtrpr_z71

Found this on some of my pear trees - 10 out of 35 in the same orchard. It looks like the same fungus - but none of the trees have the "toothpicks" sticking out that is usually seen with the ambrosia beetle. Could this be another type of fungus..?? The trees that have this on them look relatively healthy and have tons of fruit growing on them. If another fungus - how do I treat it..?? Thanks.
Those are lichens, they are harmless.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Every tree in my county has lichens on it, I think. They are natural and harmless.