Not What You Want To Find Shed Hunting

watermedic

Can a large pack of yotes devour an entire deer in 12 hours or drag all parts a long way? I ask because my big doe disappeared overnight with only thousands of hair and blood to be found the next morning. One heck of a ruckus that night and I was surprised not to find any bones, hide or meat after searching for sign of it all week. Another mystery of mine.

I have seen a deer completely eaten and the area the deer carcass was in covered in blood where the coyotes fought and drug pieces and parts only 4 hours after the deer was shot.

tree cutter 08

Me? We're absolutely overloaded with them here. And no, there wasn't much left to the deer I found. They would have gotten the rest, I am sure. But I reckon I found him before that could happen. But to do what they did to him in less than 24 hours, was crazy. They hit our gut pile too and clean it up. Those bones are all cut in the gut piles, which makes it easier for most any type of animal to carry them off. Even buzzards will carry them off.

I was referring to op.

bany

I found one this year under the same circumstances. However I had a trail cam pic of it just prior to it vanishing. The left Achilles was torn pretty bad but otherwise a healthy deer. It was fatal and found the skeleton in a bedded position

Attachments

• FD68C917-B91D-4FED-AAF3-9C148714BD5F.jpg
    FD68C917-B91D-4FED-AAF3-9C148714BD5F.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 202

davidhelmly

Dang that's a shame, that was a beautiful buck!! At least you found him and know the outcome.

Al White

Glad you found him - what did it score?