November velvet buck

26864C18-0402-4C4A-A9CE-48A99C473705.jpeg
Big ol buck deer in full velvet hit the dirt this past Saturday! 11/5/22 Coweta county. He had a sac but appeared to be empty inside. Think this is considered a cryptorchid buck. Did some reading today and saw an article that said to get it officially scored I would have to strip the velvet(which is not happening). Anyone know anything about this? Not a big deal to get him officially scored just more curious than anything.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Nice un, congrats

jaydawg

Wow! Super cool and prolly once in a lifetime! Big congrats!…maybe C.Killmaster can weigh in…

cliffdweller

Man what a dandy!! Very unique buck for sure! Congrats

jmac7469

Very odd for a cryptorchid buck to have antlers that well developed. Usually you see all sorts of extra junk and deformation in the antlers. Very cool congratulations

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Man that’s crazy! Awesome buck no matter the score! But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested in that number though…let us know!

Ace1313

Great deer!

You no longer have to strip the velvet. They are now accepting velvet score. I killed one in 2020 and had it officially scored.
Congrats on an awesome buck !!!
Just spoke with DNR office in Gainesville and they said they would score it with velvet but it would just be a rough score. I was told it can’t be officially scored for the books unless the velvet is stripped off.

Hughy

Wonder if Pope and Young Club has different rules? Mine was a bow kill. My official scorer went through them for rules. May want to find an official scorer near you and contact them. Below is a screen shot of what google told me back in 2020 when I killed mine because I was worried about the same thing you are.

Attachments

• DA023D19-96D3-456A-8A1E-8DB2C7D60C75.jpeg
    DA023D19-96D3-456A-8A1E-8DB2C7D60C75.jpeg
    412.9 KB · Views: 4