NW Mississippi?? **update**

GADawg08

anyone out there right now? We've got a self-guided trip planned for the upcoming weekend Jan. 4-6th but at this point I highly doubt we make the trip.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Plan on empty skies

jdgator

My contacts in Boliver County aren't seeing anything. The migration hasn't made it down that far. Too warm. I would recommend waiting until later in January.

flatsmaster

I just got back ... my buddy has a great place and it wasn't epic like it can be but we killed birds ...water is up and got another 3 inches yesterday ... if u can go on the spur I'd wait on some weather ... but pretty cool to watch mom and son hunt together and see him love his job and can't forget the summer sausage grilled in the boat ... headed back in a wk IMG_4548.JPG

jdgator

I just got back ... my buddy has a great place and it wasn't epic like it can be but we killed birds ...water is up and got another 3 inches yesterday ... if u can go on the spur I'd wait on some weather ... but pretty cool to watch mom and son hunt together and see him love his job and can't forget the summer sausage grilled in the boat ... headed back in a wk

Great report. Glad you had a good time. My crystal ball says in about two weeks there will be ducks.

flatsmaster

Great time ... Family and great friends add in some ducks and dogs how can you not ... best hunt 16 and worst 7

GADawg08

we went anyways.....4 guys self-guided. Killed 3 GWT and 2 gadwalls first day. Killed 4 ringers and a gadwall the second day. Should have killed twice as many but was some poor shooting going on. Had a few groups of mallards to work but just couldn't quite get em in range. We stayed in the blind all day first day. stayed til 12:30 second day. This was only our second trip going self guided and we learned a lot. There were a few guided groups that didn't pull the trigger. All in all it was a good trip...haven' laughed that hard in a while.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I'll be out there late next week, I'm hoping some cold weather moves in up north.

Hunted this past Friday and Saturday in Quitman county, had very good hunts both days. Lots of pintails, gadwall and teal, a few mallards as well. I'll be back next weekend. Look forward to hearing more updates thru the week.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Hopefully yall do well this weekend in MS!

flatsmaster

Bad cell service there and then a old ankle giving out sent us home a day early ... still not great killed 3-4 birds a gun ... no limits by 9.. water still way up ... few more Mallards ... with weather coming hopefully a strong finish ... had a nice group of Mallards work with a Drake widgeon and my son said I'm killing ole cotton top ... it took all 3 but he got him ... I took 2 Mallards so we were both happy .. had to leave my girl at home bc of coming in heat but got her 1 yr old pup his 80th retrieve .... everyone stay safe and kill'um bc it's almost over !!! IMG_4825.JPG

florida boy

We just got back from the south delta and picked up 112 over 12 hunts with 4 guns .....pretty slim numbers . The lowest numbers I have seen in my 29 years of hunting the delta . The majority of our birds were GWT, bootlips , and gadwall . only had 10 mallards and 4 sprigs . Water every where you looked .

flatsmaster

Mark K
Now that’s confidence right there! The man takes his own freezer!!

I sent that pic to some friends and said when a Yeti isn't big enough :) bad part we didn't fill the fridge with duck but good news is plenty of room for BudLight !!!!

mattuga

Banned
We just got back from the south delta and picked up 112 over 12 hunts with 4 guns .....pretty slim numbers . The lowest numbers I have seen in my 29 years of hunting the delta . The majority of our birds were GWT, bootlips , and gadwall . only had 10 mallards and 4 sprigs . Water every where you looked .

Bad cell service there and then a old ankle giving out sent us home a day early ... still not great killed 3-4 birds a gun ... no limits by 9.. water still way up ... few more Mallards ... with weather coming hopefully a strong finish ... had a nice group of Mallards work with a Drake widgeon and my son said I'm killing ole cotton top ... it took all 3 but he got him ... I took 2 Mallards so we were both happy .. had to leave my girl at home bc of coming in heat but got her 1 yr old pup his 80th retrieve .... everyone stay safe and kill'um bc it's almost over !!!

Yall are some killers getting those #'s in these conditions IMO. I'm just hoping for ONE plumed drake spoonie this weekend or next. Good luck everyone, be safe!