O.K......Law Enforcement........Tell me why..........

Nick_T

Banned
Not saying that ALL officers extend this courtesy but some do, and I doubt that if they caught a fellow officer running 90+ in a 55 that it's a garentee that they'll drive off without one, but some for what they would write for a routine traffic ticket, say a 75 in a 55 just the sticker getting you recognized and shining your badge a little during the stop, they'll drive off with a verbal warning where you probably would get a ticket.

Nick T

H

HT2

Chuck......

Chuck Martin said:
Well Tim it's as plain as the nose on your face man, I mean really. The coffee that he'd gotten from the Krispy Kream was working on him and he had to get to the precient to go 10-100 :rolleyes:

Dude, no disrespect intended..........but how are we gonna know? We can't tell you if he was on a call where using lights and sirenges would give his location away or if he was just ignorant and abusing his authority. If I had a dime for everytime I've been asked something like this over the last 17 years I could afford to take you out to Hooters ::ke: It's no different than asking a plumber why he smells funny or why a used car salesman is a lier or..........you get my point. In all professions and circumstances we see folks doing things that are stupid and wonder why...........sorta like why would anybody hunt without their orange vest on :whip:

Have a good day Tim ;)
Oh, I know.....

It's hard for us as common citizens to know.......I just assumed (and I know I might shouldn't do that), it the lights and sirens aren't on.....It's not an emergency.......

That's all..... :p

Toliver

I'm still wondering why Chuck Martin is using sirenges while driving. ::huh:

F250

Banned
Last Tuesday, I think it was, I was traveling home on 341 north. I had stopped at a gas station and a State Patrol stopped to gas up, he left before I did. Tag No. 304 about 13 miles down the road I passes him at Akin Rd. he was just handing the person a ticket or a warning! He still had to walk back to his car and turn around and cross the raod!! I was running 65 MPH and just 3 miles down the road he had already cought up with me and passed me!! That means he had to be averaging 100 MPH!! After he passed me about a quarter mile down the road past me, the hit his brake lights after a Green truck passed him. I seen it was a DNR State Ranger he turned around and went after him!! I don't know if he gave him a ticket but I do know he should not have been in that much of a hurry!! All he was doing was transporting a (trustee in front seat) Inmate back to Wayne State Prison!!

My Grandfather was a Chief of police and I had the App. filled out and would have had the job. But I just couldn't bring myself to give people tickets for something I would do myself!!

It is a matter of Honesty and Honor, some have it some don't just like everyone else. But to put on a badge and then act in such a manner is dishonest and shows a lack of respect for the public at large!!

Last edited:

RPD#99

FYI...the Thin Blue Line bumper sticker can be bought by anybody! In fact, a lot of people sport them on their cars trying to get out of tickets. They hope that LE will see the sticker and let them go. And , we also go by the 10 mph over rule! I am not radar certied yet! I am not rally sure if I want to be. I have most of the hrs. I just need to send in my application with the state to be certified.

Toliver

I'm still not radar certified either RPD. It's more challenging to pace them. :D

Snakeman

How closely do you follow a car when pacing it? Close enough to issue yourself a citation for "following too closely"?

The Snakeman

Toliver

Snakeman said:
How closely do you follow a car when pacing it? Close enough to issue yourself a citation for "following too closely"?

The Snakeman

:clap: Good one. I get close enough to see if they're doing something that's keeping them from noticing a cop car following them. If they are, they get a ticket for that, too.

stumpman

Banned
Toliver said:
I'm still not radar certified either RPD. It's more challenging to pace them. :D
Me neither heck I don't even know how to turn one on so I guess I won't get certified any time soon "Huh. " ::huh: :fine:

Toliver

You just push the little button that says "on/off"

stumpman

Banned
Well I aint never seen but one and that was on a motorcycle cops bike. He showed me how he caught me with the gotcha button. He said time he hit it he gotcha . He was a nice guy he let me go with a seatbelt ticket if that was ok by me I said sure . going 40 in a 30 back roads near the house.

dbodkin

Two questions.....

Where do I get this Blue & Black Marker Tape? :whip: :speechles

Chuck & Toliver ... Please can I hit the siren & lites ? :whip: :whip: :bounce:

Dave

Toliver

Don't concern yourself with the blue and black tape. Everybody and there brother has it and it does not affect my decision to stop a car.

And, no, you can't play with my siren. (maybe Chuck will let you play with his sirenge)

F250

Banned
They chose to get paid that much!! They love the power it gives them. They could drive a garbage truck and make more money, so it's not the money it's the power!!

Toliver

F250 said:
They chose to get paid that much!! They love the power it gives them. They could drive a garbage truck and make more money, so it's not the money it's the power!!

You keep thinking that way. I'll still do what I can to save you if the need arises. :)

F250

Banned
I'll save myself thank you!!

Three Profession to say away from
#1. Lawyers
#2. Police
#3. Doctors

Get close to any of them and it will cost you!!

stumpman

Banned
Toliver said:
You keep thinking that way. I'll still do what I can to save you if the need arises. :)
Yeah right after a post like that you expect me us to believe that . Sir are you hurt are you sure your hurt do you think I might maybe need to call an ambulance let me see if I can find that number here some whereHang on let me look in my trunk for that number your not bleeding to bad are ya. ::ke: ::ke: :D I truely believe you would save him really. :flag: :flag:

F250

Banned
I've had 4 "Police" pull there weapons on me for no reason whatsoever. If I did the same to themj for the reason they did to me I would be in jail and that is where all of those need to be!!

stumpman

Banned
F250 said:
I'll save myself thank you!!

Three Profession to say away from
#1. Lawyers
#2. Police
#3. Doctors

Get close to any of them and it will cost you!!
Untill you need one then they will be your best friend or you hope they will. The things some people say!

Toliver

F250 said:
I've had 4 "Police" pull there weapons on me for no reason whatsoever. If I did the same to themj for the reason they did to me I would be in jail and that is where all of those need to be!!

:bounce: :bounce: So young to be so bitter.