Oats and our weather.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Oats are fine here, the turnips got froze out it seems. Couple of ag fields with cover crops around here seem to have been hit hard, others look fine. Clover survived as well.

sghoghunter

My whitetail institute oats are still good and green. The turnips and mustard are dead and stinking but the radish’s are still hanging in there even though the edges of the leaves are brown. Will check the plots at the club Wednesday

Ihunt

How did you make out? Mine (north side of Macon) are all yellow. Hopefully they come back
Haven’t been down to the club. Dooly county.
The small plot in my back yard (Houston) got hit a little. Lost about 5-10%.

A buddy in Crawford county lost 10 acres that he had drilled in his cow pasture.

billc

Going to be very interesting to see if the weather later this week kills my oats here in middle Georgia. Has never been an issue in the past but it looks like a possibility. If so, it will be the first time it’s ever happened to me.
My oats in Jones County just North of Macon seem to have survived. Let this 10 point walk until next year, and the 8 behind him

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 33

Ihunt

Took a look at the ones on my club in Dooly county. I lost some of mine but a small percentage. Still plenty to feed the deer.

Last edited: