Odd thing found

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My eyes aren`t good enough any more to see fine detail. What is it?

Hillbilly stalker

I see them from time to time. One of the places I hunt has a bunch of tree huggers/ hippies that use the place too.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Nic is right, they just found the bones and added to it.

I have ran across several rock mounds made with 1-2 inch rocks a foot high or so on public land.

Back in late 90's I set a township corner in the old floodplain of the Kissimmee River in Osceola County.....nothing around to reference it to for somebody to find it later. Remembered a old cow carcass a hundred or so yards away. Carried every bone back over the course of a hour or so and put them in a circle around the corner and noted as such.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
It worked. Someone did it to get a rise out of someone. Kids playin with rocks and bones they found. The natives in western Ontario love playing with rocks. Call them Inukshuks or Inuktuks or something like that.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I have seen a few times in clear water creeks smaller logs and bigger sticks piled up not natural looking. Asked the sheriff about it and said more than likely meth heads combing the creek for arrowheads or pottery to sell and they made the wood pile to let them know where they left off.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I see literally thousands of those every year around here. I kick the rocks back into the creek. Cairns, they're called. Hippies and yuppies and granola-munchers love, love, love to stack rocks. I will encounter several dozen in an average day of fishing a trout stream around here. It's gotten so bad that the Park Service and the Forest Service are having to put up signs everywhere telling people not to do that, and that taking rocks out of the creek destroys habitat for salamanders and aquatic insects. People keep doing it anyway. I have seen places with 50 in one small area.