off to KY...from the tree updates

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Looks like the first of the rain has passed. It rained hard all night and they are still calling for it the next 4 days. Sitting in a ground blind on a hardwood ridge overlooking a long and wide creek bottom with planted pines about 200 yards in front of me and a massive rock wall behind me. Its 38 degrees and calm. So although warm for this time of year at least its not pouring. Bubbabuck is hunting the same draw but several hundred yards away. No deer for me yet but he has seen 5 does including one that tried to get in the blind! Btw not only are we buck hunting but the property biologist wants 200 more does gone and the state has provided tags. So we may be needing some more powder and might come home with lots of meat:D dangit man this took me about 30 mins to type. Type and look around! Later

short stop

well best of luck Jim /Bubba . Only wish I was there ----- rain or not .
Had to do a kids Christmas party w 3 kids this morning . I wont be hunting to much this weekend .

GET ---R ---DUN

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Rain punded us hard for about 2 hours this morning, but looks like it might hold off for most of the rest of the day. getting back in tree in half hour. saw no deer this morning, several folks did but nothing to shoot at or that they wanted to shoot.

Rob, we are in sturgis ky hunting with TC game trails.

Rob

It has been a couple of years since I was there last but I have bow-hunted there a couple of times.

Great place - are Kevin and Dirk still managing the place?

Now that I think about it the first year we were there it rained every day - was still a great hunt though.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok looks like I lied about the rain. I am sitting in a massive downpour! Thank you lord for umbrellas and good rain gear. Its about 40 degrees and light wind. I am on a huge hardwood ridge littered with rubs made in the last couple of days. Only drawback is I am on a private rd that leads to another club and have already had 2 drivebys:D at least they werent shooting.

Hunter Haven

Give two of them big 'ole Kentucky Bucks parking tickets:bounce: JT and BB!!
Goodluck!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
100% chance of rain today! we will be in it...and wet, but thats life.

bubba shot a doe last night and saw a possible shooter but it was too late to see for sure. I saw nothing but a trophy squirrel

update coming soon

bull0ne

Banned
100% chance of rain today! we will be in it...and wet, but thats life.

bubba shot a doe last night and saw a possible shooter but it was too late to see for sure. I saw nothing but a trophy squirrel

update coming soon

Hang in there JT..............In a throwback to hunting in the El Nino winter we had about 10 years ago,It seemed like that after a couple days of solid rain the deer got hungry to the point that they went back to their normal feeding patterns.

Tough hunting and poor blood trail conditions after the shot.................but it can still be productive! :cool:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ok bubba shot another doe about an hour ago. Currently she is being used as bait. I have seen a hand ful of turks but no deer. Been a tough couple of days for me so far. Rain has held off so far today but its as foggy as ever before. I am on a huge cut corn field that is half planted with winter wheat. Its about 38 and the wind just picked up so hang on boys!

Jeff Raines

Jim

Get a job man.........you gonna be able to go turkey hunting like this come spring?

QuakerBoy

how ya keepin yer laptop dry in all this rain

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
blackberrys are wonderful things...that and umbrellas and rain suits and pop up blinds!

jeff I am sure I will find an hour or two to chase birdies

hunter_58

man thats good hunting weather !!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Well guess what? Back in a blind in a pretty good rain watching a pretty but not pretty enough 8pt. With a 145 min he has some growin. But its early yall keep on watchin