Official recommend a taxidermist thread

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This thread is here for members to post their favorite taxidermist shop. This IS NOT a place for advertising by Taxidermy shops.

Members should post any information like shop name, address, phone number, website, game they will mount, pictures, etc. Dont make posts just saying something like "Joe Schmo in Lizella does a good job"
Give us a name, street address and phone number at least.

This IS NOT a thread to discuss taxidermy or your opinion of a shop someone else has posted. This thread is to inform other forum members of the known good taxidermy shops in their area that a member has done business with and would recommend.

Posts made that are not compliant with the rules outlined above will be removed and infractions awarded.

Last edited:

rnelson5

In or around Augusta I would take a deer, turkey, fox, etc. to Larry Stewart Wildlife Arts.www.larrystewartswildlifeart.com

I take all of my ducks to Bob Vigar at Backwaters Waterfowl taxidermy. I have pictures from both. If anybody is interested I can post a pic. 706-799-4817

Last edited:

Bullhound

True Life Creation-Spring Creek Rd. Bainbridge, GA.

Owner-Gary Braswell 229-243-1101

Gary is a good guy that does great work. I would recommend him to anyone.

He also makes some of the best jalepeno/cheese sausage I've ever eaten!

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Brad Jones Taxidermy
4755 Peeksville Road
McDonough, GA 30252
(678) 432-6694

Does really good work at reasonable prices.

bdbd333

Beech Creek Taxidermy

Maxwell Pentecost in Winder, Ga is the best I have used yet. His business is Beech Creek Taxidermy. All his information is on his site http://beechcreektaxidermy.webs.com/ I gave my head to him last year in the middle of November and had it back by the end of January.

lungbuster123

Richardson's Taxidermy
Robin Richardson
(404) 909-2775

Im not sure on the address, but you can call him because he picks up at different places. You can also contact him on here...this is the link to his profile.

http://forum.gon.com/member.php?u=32472

Robin mounted these two for my brother and they turned out awesome! Great price and great work.

Attachments

• 7(3).jpg
    7(3).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 12,798
  • 8(3).jpg
    8(3).jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 12,892
Taxidermist in Dooly County

Turkey Creek Taxidermy
458 Main Street
Byromville, GA
Phone: 478-244-9032

Turkey Creek does deer, fish, turkeys, ducks, geese, and small mammals.

Last edited:

C Cape

Creekside Taxidermy
141 Salem Church Drive SW
Milledgeville, GA 31061
(478)452-4510

Deer, Turkey, Small Game

michael_M

Little taxidermy
Shannon little
(229)938-9303
Shannon has moved to his house and does awesome work use to be at Huey taxidermy in cordele he did my mount in my avatar and has just got done with my sons fish.
Brian Fennell is also turning out great mounts in Arabi ga give him a call (229)406-1076 he lives on 1st street in Arabi him and his brother Terry is very good guys and has a great turn around.

cjc

Banned
Anyone who appreciates quality work and wants to sit down in their trophy room to admire and reminisce about how hard and how many long hours it took you to kill that trophy of a lifetime should with no doubt give Kevin Batson a call, and the opportunity to "bring that animal back to life." He is a great guy to deal with and will go out of his way to give you exactly what you want and deserve in your mount. He is also USDA approved so any of you guys hunting out of the country, will have no problems getting your trophies back, as he will take care of everything through customs.

Batson's Taxidermy
1211 Elder Ridge Drive
Bishop, Ga 30621
706 310-9353
Kevin Batson

Good Luck this fall, fellow hunters!!!

dogesco

SW Georgia - Go to Dawson

Bob Miles Taxidermy
1491 Kennedy Pond Rd
Dawson, GA 39842-3434
(229) 623-5285

Great folks. Take all of our deer processed and mounted there. They are really friendly, professional, and do awesome work.

They have lots of mounts in a room for you to look at and will help you decide what you want done.

I have had shoulder mounts done there and tanned hides.

Don't hesitate to go see them.

I drive my deer from Worth Co all the way to Dawson (hour and half drive roughly) if that tells you anything!

TCBuster

I have used Bradley's Taxidermy in Newnan for about 20 years now. Steve has mounted numerous whitetails, an elk, a brown trout, and a wood duck for me and my son through the years. Not only is Steve a great artist, but he is alot of fun to be around as well.

www.bradleystaxidermy.com

SlipperyHill Mo

R.B's Taxidermy
781 Prather Barnes Rd.
Manchester, GA 31816

Ronnie Bulloch
706-846-2285

He has done several mounts for me and several club members. He is worth the price. He did several for Dale Earnhart in the past.