Official rules of the 2012 Bowhunter Challenge

BowChilling

2012-2013 Woody’s/GON Bowhunter Challenge
The Bowhunter Challenge is a team competition starting on September 8, 2012 and ending when the clock strikes12:00 on the night of January 1st, 2012
Each team will consist of 3 team members. Each member of the team must be a GON/Woody’s forum member by July 1st 2012. You pick your own teams.
Entry Fee is $10 per team member ($30 per team) I will accept cash, paypal, check or money orders but please understand that if you send me a bad check then your team will be a member short! You should include a note with your user name, real name and address with your entry payment. All entry fees will go towards Bass Pro gift cards. Gift cards will be awarded to all 3 members of the top 3 teams in the challenge no later than January 15, 2013. There will be a thread started on August 1st for the members that have paid. Entry fees must be postmarked by August 31st, 2012. If your team members don’t pay their entry fees then you will be a one or two player team! There will be no refunds!

Paypal: Most are doing this right, but on some of you it is taking 59 cents off because you are inputting it as a purchase. I'm not getting paid to run the contest, but I don't need to have it costing a lot of extra $ either. There is a Purchase tab and a Personal tab in the payment section, click personal and then send as a gift.

Rules of the Bowhunter Challenge:

Rule #1: Read and understand the rules! PM BowChilling with any questions!

Each team member will be allowed 5 Georgia deer entries, 2 bucks and 3 does or 1 buck and 4 does for a total of 15 deer per team. All entries must be harvested with legal archery equipment as defined by Georgia DNR. Fawns with visible spots will not be accepted! Once you enter an animal you are stuck with it. You can not replace doe #4 with a buck or replace a small buck with a bigger one. There are no bonus points this year!

Does will score 50 points. When entering your doe you will need 2 pictures.

Picture one with the hunter, the animal and your bow/crossbow. Don’t forget the weapon!

Picture two showing a clear broadhead entry or exit hole and your 2012 deer harvest record with harvest date recorded. If hunting a State WMA quota hunt then DNR issued tag must be visible and readable in place of your harvest record.

Buck scoring will be as follows:
50 points for the animal + 5 points for each antler point over 1 inch + measurement of widest outside spread + length of longest tine.
Example: an 8 point buck with an outside spread of 14" and longest tine measuring 8" will score 112 points.
Deer = 50
8 X 5 = 40
14 outside spread = 14
8 longest tine = 8
____

Button bucks and spikes will be scored using the buck formula but you will get no points for longest tine. Even though you can tag a button buck as antlerless, for this contest button bucks cannot be used as a doe! If you harvest a Buck in addition to the two pictures needed for a doe entry you will need to have a picture of his longest tine as well as its spread with a tape showing how long! (Outside spread) Here is the correct way to measure your buck. (Read carefully as it is very important): Longest tine; hook your tape measure on tip of longest tine and pull down to main beam. Measurement is taken from the top of the main beam. Outside spread; hook your tape measure on main beam and pull tape across to outside edge of the opposite beam. If these pictures are not clear you may be asked to resubmit them. Make sure they are in focus and are sized large enough to read the tape clearly!

Each entrant is responsible for scoring their own animal. Any entries rejected will be handled in a PM between contest director and entrant. Any questions on scoring should be sent to the contest director by private message.

Cheating will not be tolerated.
Entries should be posted at maximum 7 days after harvest. If you are in hunting camp for a week or longer you will just have to figure out a way to post those entries within 7 days. No entries will be accepted after January 1, 2013.

The decision of the contest director will be final.

Note to all participants:

This has been a fun competition in the past and I want that to continue. I’ve made a lot of friends through this contest and I hope we can keep it going for years to come. The rules are what they are. Any disagreement about them should be taken up with BowChilling via PM. DO NOT BOTHER THE MODERATORS OF WOODY”S WITH IT! And we are not going to argue them out on the open forum. You will find that I am as fair as they come but we have printed rules and they will be enforced accordingly. This is a “for fun” tournament and I am not going to threaten you with disqualification in these rules. Just read them, make sure you understand them and follow them and there should be no problems or hurt feelings.

-Billy Bouchillon
BowChilling

Last edited:

Wack&Stackn08

I really like the clear directions on how to measure your bucks. I think this will cut down on a lot of questionable pictures.

Thanks Billy for all you have done for this challenge!! :cool:

There is NO doubt in my mind that this will be the best challenge ever!!!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I think I'll read these rules several times and if I have any questions I'll get them cleared-up!They look simple and easy to follow.

Thanks Billy for helping us out to have afair & FUN challenge!

The Fever

Thanks billy for taking up the task of running this challenge...

BowanaLee

So a button buck is 50 Pt's and is scored as a buck ?
Theres no spread or longest time until they get visible bone antlers ? Then their a spike, right ?

BowChilling

You are right. 50 points but he takes a buck slot. Visible bone that is at least an inch long to count as a point.

preston h

Why did you set where you set that you have got to be a member by 7-1-2012. And rules did not come out till 7-7-12

preston h

I believe that is when it was edited & made a strickly, this is the first one telling the rules:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=696118&highlight=

Maybe that will help.

I understand know. I did not see the other post i was just told that it was going to be done this year and i checked and seen where 7-7-12. I am not trying to say anything bad just was wondering i am glad to see it is going on again, I guess i need to pay a little more attention to the counting section. Thank for the info

BassHunter25

A quick question on the rules. Can you submit 5 does from one teammate? If so, can you upgrade them if you kill a buck later?

pasinthrough

A quick question on the rules. Can you submit 5 does from one teammate? If so, can you upgrade them if you kill a buck later?

Each team member will be allowed 5 Georgia deer entries, 2 bucks and 3 does or 1 buck and 4 does for a total of 15 deer per team. All entries must be harvested with legal archery equipment as defined by Georgia DNR. Fawns with visible spots will not be accepted! There are no bonus points this year!

Be sure to read this post: http://forum.gon.com/showpost.php?p=7029763&postcount=1

labs4life

"All entries must be posted a maximum of seven days from harvest"

This should clear some things up. It is in the rules. I think there will be no belly aching this year about the rules once this thing starts:clap:

BassHunter25

Read it a few times already. Just so I am clear... It says you get 5 deer entries. If I don't kill any bucks the most I can enter is 4 does max? Is that correct?

Also, If I have entered 4 does and got lucky enough to kill two bucks late in the season, could you swap one of those does with a buck?

I realize these things are not stated in the rules. But, I figure it can't hurt to ask? It doesn't say if I can or can't do that.