Oh that smell! Did somebody die in there or something?

Meriwether Mike

Shows that they do not clean them or someone would have found her sooner.:eek:

specialk

I thought I read she was the janitor.

''housekeeping associate''....she worked for a contractor that cleaned for belk....my thought is she died on the stool sitting up....maybe people using the ter-let just didnt pay her any mind.....i normally don't strike up a conversation in a public restroom....heck i don't even make eye contact with anyone while i'm in there....

sinclair1

''housekeeping associate''....she worked for a contractor that cleaned for belk....my thought is she died on the stool sitting up....maybe people using the ter-let just didnt pay her any mind.....i normally don't strike up a conversation in a public restroom....heck i don't even make eye contact with anyone while i'm in there....
That’s what I figured, maybe tired and feeling bad and went in to regroup or passed on a #2.

Dying on the toilet happens more than we realize due to the extra strain. My dad had a heart attack on the John but didn’t pass then.

specialk

That’s what I figured, maybe tired and feeling bad and went in to regroup or passed on a #2.

Dying on the toilet happens more than we realize due to the extra strain. My dad had a heart attack on the John but didn’t pass then.

had an aunt died on the stool at home.....course my cousin was there and found her in just a few minutes....

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Lotta folks die in the bathroom.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I can think of worse places to die than on the pot

Toliver

Lotta folks die in the bathroom.

Vasovagal response or defecation syncope. 2 potential causes triggering heart attacks. If you're lucky they remain seated and maybe leaning against the wall. But usually they manage to wedge between the toilet and the wall or bathtub. There's just no dignity in that situation.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Vasovagal response or defecation syncope. 2 potential causes triggering heart attacks. If you're lucky they remain seated and maybe leaning against the wall. But usually they manage to wedge between the toilet and the wall or bathtub. There's just no dignity in that situation.
Almost always between the toilet and wall, though I’ve had one or two deceased on the toilet and the house on fire.

Toliver

I can see where the house on fire could present a dilemma when trying to pry them out of their temporary resting place.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Bad part is a residential.. they fall against the in opening door and the B.R. window is so small no human can fit through it. Having dealt with that.. I urge everyone to swap their doors to that area to open out. No one should have to KICK a parent's body out of the way to reach them.

oldfella1962

I thought I read she was the janitor.

According to the article she was the janitor. Maybe as the smell got worse from her decomposing, people figured the bathroom was just dirty & badly needed cleaning or whatever. So say what you will about Walmart, they clean their bathrooms a lot, because every time I really need to use the bathroom, they are always cleaning it. :mad:

oldfella1962

I do know passing out on the throne is pretty common. My son's friend is an EMT and he said the Vagus nerve can get agitated when you are straining or sitting too long or whatever, and it can make you pass out.

I passed out one time at home (not on the toilet) and the EMT's thought it could have been a Vagus nerve situation, but I think I was improperly diagnosed - here's why:
the next day I was in really bad shape and it turns out I was bleeding out internally and had lost 1/3 of my blood! :eek: Fort Gordon hospital saved me with high-tech surgery and two separate blood transfusions. :) And my wife was still in the same hospital already for mental health issues the week before - when it rains, it pours! :LOL:

Vagus Nerve: Gastroparesis, Vagus Nerve Stimulation & Syncope (clevelandclinic.org)

oldfella1962