Oil for tractor recommendation

zaraspook04

I bought a New Holland FN 65 tractor a little while back (used with 940 hours). It's time for an oil change. According to the manual, the recommended oil is 10w-30 or 15w-40, depending on climate. Based upon the chart, I am going to use 15w-40. However, the recommended brand of oil, Ambra Super Gold NH 330G, is not sold here, and I am a pretty good distance from the nearest New Holland dealer.

What would be QUALITY oil to use?

Thanks for the input!!!

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
If you check your manual, it will show a "New Holland Specification", which you've identified, but it should also give an "International Specification".

My NH Workmaster shows a NH spec of Ambra Super Gold NH324G 10W-30, but the International spec shows an API CF4.

So, I buy a 10W-30 with an International spec of API CF4. Look in your manual for that API spec and that API spec will be on the outside of the oil container.

Canuck5

I usually buy that oil at Wally World. Hydraulic fluid will have an International API spec as well.

Canuck5

Chevron Delo 400

Or

SHELL Rotella

In the grade that meets or exceeds New Holland's API specifications ...

It's the Shell Rotella that I buy!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Tractor supply sells 15w40 in quarts,and 2 gallon containers. that's what I use in my 45 year old MF diesel.

Stroker

Tractor Supply 15W40. Run it in everything from a 30 hp 850 JD to four 215 hp 4960 JD's.

lonewolf247

Shell Rotella is probably the best of the best. If I only had 1 modern tractor, and it met the oil grade my tractor called for, that's what I'd use.

I have several older tractors, and I go through a lot of oil, so I buy whatever quality Diesel oil, I can find a deal on. Some of them are gas tractors, and Rotella works well for them too, otherwise a good HD oil for gas engines.

Latest posts