Ok.... i relented and did it

zedex

Gator Bait
Due to vaccine passport programs gaining traction, I had no other choice. Went today and got the Moderna first dose.
Was super quick, never felt the needle never felt anything being injected, no evidence of a pin stick... it's as though nothing happened at all

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Due to vaccine passport programs gaining traction, I had no other choice. Went today and got the Moderna first dose.
Was super quick, never felt the needle never felt anything being injected, no evidence of a pin stick... it's as though nothing happened at all
The second one got me for a few hours.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
My Daughter, along with my Primary Care Doctor and my Cardiologist all convinced me to get my Moderna vaccine shots and it does make me feel much more secure.

I had it done back in April and May of this year at a local Walmart Pharmacy and I also had NO PROBLEMS as I didn't feel the needles either time and felt totally normal since then. They had a great set-up for performing these shots (at 8 AM) in an isolated environment in the store and also the waiting time to make sure that no after effects were happening as well. All of their personnel were fantastic as well. I really could not believe that everything went so smoothly for me during this process of both shots a month apart.

My doctors convinced me that I would probably NOT survive due to my previous heart attack any my ongoing treatments if I caught this virus and was not protected as such.

The SAD thing is that my 38 year old Daughter DID catch this virus back in JULY of 2020 and it nearly killed her in the process as she was hospitalized with this virus and also pneumonia as well for a while and then she lost most of her strength and lost a fair amount of her beautiful long hair. Her husband did NOT catch it but they had to be isolated for close to 30 days initially during her hospitalization and treatments.

The good news is that my Daughter has finally started to get her "old self" back again somewhat as she has finally been able to get most of her strength back during the past couple of months finally. She has been able to do some really tough 5K length courses that included a fast walk with an added 25 lbs and then another time included an added 30 lbs involved and she was really pleased with her results.

However, she is still very PARANOID so much that her and her husband still have NOT gone into ANY RESTAURANT OR ANY TYPE OF STORE for close to 16 months now .....BEGINNING BACK ON MARCH 13, 2020. They frequently go fishing and/or camping on weekends in places that are totally away from other people etc.

They also were still too paranoid to go with me on "our recent annual vacation" in Florida as well. I went by myself a couple of weeks ago and played golf each day of the week instead with my friends from Missouri. Normally, the various golf courses on the property are filled with players everyday BUT this year, there were not many people playing like previous years. It surely was lonely in my place as I just closed the doors to the other two bedrooms as they didn't even get used at all this year.

I share this with all of you because it is obvious that this virus doesn't care who it affects, such as young, old, male, female, wealthy, poor, good health, bad health, Democrat or Republican, but I surely wish that more of you would be vaccinated so that you might not be infected with this nasty stuff. I really feel that by getting the vaccine shots, it would offer more protection to all of us in the long run.

ucfireman

I did my first doe of Pfizer today. They offered all 3 and I figured with the Pfizer being approved for 12 and up that might be the safest. My deltoid is sore but that's it.
It hurts after any other shot too.
I waited until I didn't need an appointment, just walk in. Early on seemed too much of a hassle.
Also wanted to see what happened to all the early guinea pigs, Seems like almost all are fine, time will tell though.
I just figure with the "new variant" and me being fat and getting older I might as well try to protect myself.
I know there are a lot of folks with their internet stories and conspiracies, my dad is one.
But I feel each person can make up their own mind and live with their choice, And no one needs to belittle anyone for their choice,

I will say this, I think anybody with any common sense could see a "spike" coming. I mean starting with Memorial day, Juneteenth and then 4th of July, Then everything opening with no distancing (concerts, ball games, and everything else).

I have been fortunate. I have known a few folks that got it and recovered fine. Thankfully no one got real sick and in the hospital or worse.
And where I work I have been exposed and not gotten it.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Second one got me the next day. Felt fatigued and a bit sick for around 12 hours. Mowed 4 lawns and put down 30 bales of pine straw to try to sweat it out.

Didn’t work.

Felt great the next day.
Did you have COVID before ?

Big7

The Oracle
Prominent guy in town just died from covid.
He was a for sure no vax, no mask guy.

At his funeral, mask was mandatory.
Just Sayin'.

I got my first round a week ago. Next due August 8.
Thought I got J&J. Corrected today at the pulmonologist. It was Pfizer.

It kicked my tail end for a week. If it helps me stay alive, it's worth it to me. :wink:

Last edited:

Theturtle

BANNED
My Daughter, along with my Primary Care Doctor and my Cardiologist all convinced me to get my Moderna vaccine shots and it does make me feel much more secure.

I had it done back in April and May of this year at a local Walmart Pharmacy and I also had NO PROBLEMS as I didn't feel the needles either time and felt totally normal since then. They had a great set-up for performing these shots (at 8 AM) in an isolated environment in the store and also the waiting time to make sure that no after effects were happening as well. All of their personnel were fantastic as well. I really could not believe that everything went so smoothly for me during this process of both shots a month apart.

My doctors convinced me that I would probably NOT survive due to my previous heart attack any my ongoing treatments if I caught this virus and was not protected as such.

The SAD thing is that my 38 year old Daughter DID catch this virus back in JULY of 2020 and it nearly killed her in the process as she was hospitalized with this virus and also pneumonia as well for a while and then she lost most of her strength and lost a fair amount of her beautiful long hair. Her husband did NOT catch it but they had to be isolated for close to 30 days initially during her hospitalization and treatments.

The good news is that my Daughter has finally started to get her "old self" back again somewhat as she has finally been able to get most of her strength back during the past couple of months finally. She has been able to do some really tough 5K length courses that included a fast walk with an added 25 lbs and then another time included an added 30 lbs involved and she was really pleased with her results.

However, she is still very PARANOID so much that her and her husband still have NOT gone into ANY RESTAURANT OR ANY TYPE OF STORE for close to 16 months now .....BEGINNING BACK ON MARCH 13, 2020. They frequently go fishing and/or camping on weekends in places that are totally away from other people etc.

They also were still too paranoid to go with me on "our recent annual vacation" in Florida as well. I went by myself a couple of weeks ago and played golf each day of the week instead with my friends from Missouri. Normally, the various golf courses on the property are filled with players everyday BUT this year, there were not many people playing like previous years. It surely was lonely in my place as I just closed the doors to the other two bedrooms as they didn't even get used at all this year.

I share this with all of you because it is obvious that this virus doesn't care who it affects, such as young, old, male, female, wealthy, poor, good health, bad health, Democrat or Republican, but I surely wish that more of you would be vaccinated so that you might not be infected with this nasty stuff. I really feel that by getting the vaccine shots, it would offer more protection to all of us in the long run.
you can still catch it..

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
I beg you all, let your politics go and get vaccinated. I beg you. We have all been misled throughout this ordeal but the math is in favor of the vaccinated right now.

I don't wish what is going on with some of my dear friends right now on anyone. I respect your position but I pray that that some of you will see the light.

Redbow

The Wife and I have both taken the Pfizer vaccine. With the rising new cases of the virus we decided at our age it was the prudent thing to do. So I guess we finally made the government happy in doing so. I barely felt the shot and have had so far no side effects for either of us.