OK What was it.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I was walking along a sandbar on the Oconee river some year's back and came across a round "rock" about the size and shape of a baseball. I picked it up and it was as light as a feather, but it was a rock. I put it in the river and it floated. Stupidly I tossed it down and it broke into a lot of pieces almost like an egg shell. It was druzy in the middle with faint crystalline structure. To this day I have no idea what it was, but saw something that reminded me of it when I just saw some druzy rocks The walls on it were very, very thin. Maybe 1/16 of an inch. Any ideas?

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I was walking along a sandbar on the Oconee river some year's back and came across a round "rock" about the size and shape of a baseball. I picked it up and it was as light as a feather, but it was a rock. I put it in the river and it floated. Stupidly I tossed it down and it broke into a lot of pieces almost like an egg shell. It was druzy in the middle with faint crystalline structure. To this day I have no idea what it was, but saw something that reminded me of it when I just saw some druzy rocks The walls on it were very, very thin. Maybe 1/16 of an inch. Any ideas?
Volcanic ash? I had a rock “ash” like that from Mt. Saint Helens eruption. Of course it came from Oregon though.

Latest posts