Okeefenokee Joe passes

oldfella1962

Saw him in grade school and middle school and always enjoyed when he came to visit. A real gentleman environmentalist, sportsman, and outdoorsman.
Sounds like somebody that would have a million great stories to tell. A lot of wisdom lost with his death, no doubt.

Oldstick

Condolences to his family and friends as well. I loved watching his shows on GPB that I saw.

I distinctly remember the one episode where he had lost his dog and later found him as an alligator kill in the swamp. He very sadly talked about the dog had failed to be "swamp wise" for the exact wrong split second.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I took my sons to listen to his stories and watch him handle snakes and such at Buckarama one year. I really enjoyed the talk, and so did my boys

bany

RIP Joe

brunofishing

I remember the spider web at his door that he walked through and let the spider be! The spider remade the wed he could walk under lol. RIP

fowlmeat08

Loved his shows and his passion for the swamp. Thought it was the coolest thing when he came to Compton Elementary School in Powder Springs. Life well done. Condolences to his family.

georgiadawgs44

Rest In Peace. He was a good man and did so much to educate folks and especially kids. I remember watching his show. It’s tough to see our mentors getting old and passing on. So much knowledge going with them.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Rest In Peace. He was a good man and did so much to educate folks and especially kids. I remember watching his show. It’s tough to see our mentors getting old and passing on. So much knowledge going with them.
At least he and others were smart enough to "try" to pass what they knew on to younger generations.