Okuma Reels

campboy

I'm looking at the Okuma clx200la for catfish and stripers in the river. Does anyone have this reel? What do you like or not like about it? I know you get what you pay for, but this seems like a good price for a decent reel. It seems that some reviews mention that it doesn't cast well but most of the reviews i've read are positive. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated y'all

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I have a couple of the Okuma Magda line counter reels in that same price range and I like them pretty good.

Coenen

Got a set of Coldwater 200 line counters for striper fishing. Good solid reels, so far.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Dustin turned me on to the classics. Love em. I use em to fish the salt too.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have a handful of Okuma surf rigs. Never had any problems with them, quite decent reels for the money.

doomtrpr_z71

I don't know if banax makes that model for okuma or not, but I would pass on it unless it was on sale, $50 is a bit much to me for a graphite reel.

campboy

Thank you again for the replies. I also should've mentioned that I would be using these mostly for bottom fishing with live/cut bait. I don't do any trolling. I don't really need a reel with a line counter on it. Whenever I buy one of these I'll let y'all know what I think