Old age!

nkbigdog

Today's list of what to do, I used to take 3 days to prepare for the onslaught of family and friends and neighbors for a proper Thanksgiving day Mega Meal...And I would be a mad man running around the kitchen preparing the final presentation for all to have a great meal. Making list of what the meal would consist of, shopping for supplies and how to prepare all to culminate to presentation at the same time. And yes it was a challenge but easy for me back then, I love cooking and making people happy..This year is a real challenge that I hit the floor running, head on bumping into everything, taking care of my bride, making the list and starting the employment of said challenges. **** it ain't like it use to be! But I will slay said challenge..I have several sites I try to contribute to now and many friendships I cherish. Use to tickle me at how I would bust my ***, for 3 days to complete my extravaganza presentation..Had up to 3 taking food, to the tables at the same time, I set it up for their choosing, what they wanted..It always amazed me at how 3 days of ball busting that it would be devoured, in 30 minutes or less. But when it was over the coolers of drinks were gone, the meal was decimated and all were happy and full. It is then I would sit down with a fine Cuban and pour some Wild turkey 101 in a frozen glass and admire what I had accomplished and all the happy faces..See folks it is making friends and family happy, that I get the most reward from..

Today is it just my Bride and I, the house is quiet except for the phone ringing. I got up this am and hit the floor running, giving my bride her meds and taking mine. Next making her some breakfast, starting our thanksgiving meal, and contacting and wishing friends a great Thanksgiving. Then sending those texting things not reading what it transcribed..That was a big mistake, but I have to much to do and forgot about my Brothers and friends on the sites, I needed to wish a good day for. It is not as easy as it use to be, but I think a value Brothers and friends more today than I use to, if that is even possible..If this is hard to read, try at my age to do it. Mine brain does not compute with my hands when typing anymore and it is frustrating..I have to go back a fix, things I have typed and correct those..It ain't easy getting old but my Bride and I will be content with today..May all have a Wonderful Safe and Happy Thanksgiving. PS I do miss the Cuban. God Bless!

Hornet22

ROMEO
Brother Phil, you know they is a whole army of young'uns will be at ya'lls doorstep in a heartbeat if needed. You are a much loved and respected man to all them boys. I can certainly relate to your thread tho. It's just me and mz tu tu today, but we'z cookin like a crowd is coming. Last year, for the first time ever, we didn't. Decided that ain gonna happen no more. Kinda fun tho not to be pressured to have erything ready at a certain time. We'll eat when WE get ready. Hope the bride has a "good" day today, and days down the road. Happy Thanksgiving!

:cheers:

GreenPig

Hope ya'll gave a great day. It has to be going smoother than mine, I'm working on passing a kidney stone.

nkbigdog

Brother Phil, you know they is a whole army of young'uns will be at ya'lls doorstep in a heartbeat if needed. You are a much loved and respected man to all them boys. I can certainly relate to your thread tho. It's just me and mz tu tu today, but we'z cookin like a crowd is coming. Last year, for the first time ever, we didn't. Decided that ain gonna happen no more. Kinda fun tho not to be pressured to have erything ready at a certain time. We'll eat when WE get ready. Hope the bride has a "good" day today, and days down the road. Happy Thanksgiving!

:cheers:
Yes Sir all three of us have the passion! And we are blessed to both have Son's that we are proud of..Your Son impressed me when we met..It was a great day when y'all anounced he was getting Married..Boy the years sure to go fast! I understand about dinner, and hope the both of you had a great day!

nkbigdog

Hope ya'll gave a great day. It has to be going smoother than mine, I'm working on passing a kidney stone.
That is terrible to have on any day, and worse when it is Thanksgiving day..But this will pass. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Yes Sir all three of us have the passion! And we are blessed to both have Son's that we are proud of..Your Son impressed me when we met..It was a great day when y'all anounced he was getting Married..Boy the years sure to go fast! I understand about dinner, and hope the both of you had a great day!
Was graced with the sight of my precious son and his beautiful bride yesterday. It was a great day. H22 had a ball in the kitchen and the chillens took a bunch home with em. :rockon::rockon:. Now to do it again today with H22's family. :fine: I love Thanksgiving.